8/3 Wsox vs Royals: Richard vs Grienke 1:10

GoodAsGould

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:57 AM)
This is definitely an important game, I think both for the whitesox. a successful roadtrip(still 1st) and possibly for Richard. I would imagine if he gets rocked around in the 4th/5th inning this will be his last start regardless of Contreras health.

Also first time i posted a game thread :gosoxretro:

Well he is starting to get rocked around and it's only the second inning

Similar to Buehrle yesterday, 1st inning Mark was able to keep his pitches down, 2nd and beyond was batting practice

Oh, Clayton Richard throws a ball away on an easy pitch to home to tag out a steal

F***ing joke of a pitcher.

This is why the Sox never win close divisional races under Kenny Williams, with the exception of 2005 which should have never become that close. When you get into July and August, and injuries force you to dip into your farm system, you need production. The Twins get it, and we don't.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
My suggestion to Ozzie Guillen, and mind you it's only a suggestion, is to yank Richard now and use the heck out of the bullpen, which has a day off tomorrow to rest up

Screw that, we're not going to score 3 runs against Greinke on the road, so let Richard save this bullpen.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 12:40 PM)
My suggestion to Ozzie Guillen, and mind you it's only a suggestion, is to yank Richard now and use the heck out of the bullpen, which has a day off tomorrow to rest up

Some things to keep in mind:

A. We won't score 3 runs today

B. Bullpen will give up some more runs

C. Game is already over