GoodAsGould

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
Disagree. For being a die hard Cubs fan, he is very unbiased most of the time.

I hate and can't stand him when it's his work relating to the Chicago Cubs, because he's a typical Cubs fan in that regard. However, if it's anything except Cubs, I think he does a very good job.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
I don't see him as the problem do you?

Not at all, but if you can get great value for him based on how he's done this year, you make that trade. I have doubts about Dotel being able to handle the workload he's had with regards to the future.

Konerko is really really bad

Takes a hanging breaking ball for strike 1, swings at a fastball in the dirt and grounds out. lol

I don't see how he isn't in AAA getting regular at bats against pitching that might help him get his timing or whatever back

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
I don't see him as the problem do you?

He isn't and I don't have any confidence we would get anything worthwhile for him. We have him under contract for next year so I wouldn't move him now.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
You have to wonder what kind of pitch count Liriano is going to be on. I was reading somewhere that Liriano was allowed to go back to his original arm slot to get the movement he used to have on his slider. If thats the case, his elbow is going to give again

He's not on any kind of pitch count.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:19 PM)
Not at all, but if you can get great value for him based on how he's done this year, you make that trade. I have doubts about Dotel being able to handle the workload he's had with regards to the future.

We saw what happened when we tried to fit MacDougal, Aarsdma and Sisco into the bullpen.

It's really hard to find short relievers that are dependable, and many times you have to overpay or develop them in your own system...but it usually takes a couple of seasons to adjust at the big league level.

It we lose Dotel and then Linebrink never comes back at 100% (due to overuse the last 5-7 years), then what will our bullpen be like?

Link and Adam Russell?

It's hard for me to worry about the Twins right now with the issues we have. What they do doesn't matter if our play doesn't improve soon, because we'll fall out of it regardless.

As for the offense, yes they suck today. Assuming this holds up, we'll have a 4-6 road trip. However, we've had games on this trip we lost when we scored 7, 6, 5, and 4 runs. If we can win any of them, it's an even trip and if you get two, it's an above .500 trip. Problem is, we can't win too often these days without a lacrosse score from our offense.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
Konerko is really really bad

Takes a hanging breaking ball for strike 1, swings at a fastball in the dirt and grounds out. lol

I don't see how he isn't in AAA getting regular at bats against pitching that might help him get his timing or whatever back

wouldn't he have to accept such an assignment? It's not like he has option.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
So in a 6 run game, the Royals have tried to steal 3rd base and now a bunt? Maybe Ozzie will show some balls and drill a KC hitter.

I was just going to comment on that fact. They must really want to make the Sox look bad. Of course the Sox don't need any help right now

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)
We saw what happened when we tried to fit MacDougal, Aarsdma and Sisco into the bullpen.

It's really hard to find short relievers that are dependable, and many times you have to overpay or develop them in your own system...but it usually takes a couple of seasons to adjust at the big league level.

It we lose Dotel and then Linebrink never comes back at 100% (due to overuse the last 5-7 years), then what will our bullpen be like?

Link and Adam Russell?

A good General Manager re-evaluates his bullpen every offseason and looks to unload guys at their peak value. I was very adamant that KW should have traded Politte and Cotts after 2005 for a huge package.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
Greinke has the sinking action working today. Know what suprised me about this inning? Alexei took the first pitch. It was a strike, but he usually swings at the first one

My brother says the exact same thing. He said it about two weeks ago, and after watching for it closely, I can see that both of you are right. He needs to be a bit more patient, even with the success he's had this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
So in a 6 run game, the Royals have tried to steal 3rd base and now a bunt? Maybe Ozzie will show some balls and drill a KC hitter.

Like Mike Aviles in the hand.

Aviles would probably get a single out of it anyways