8/3 Wsox vs Royals: Richard vs Grienke 1:10

GoodAsGould

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
It's hard for me to worry about the Twins right now with the issues we have. What they do doesn't matter if our play doesn't improve soon, because we'll fall out of it regardless.

As for the offense, yes they suck today. Assuming this holds up, we'll have a 4-6 road trip. However, we've had games on this trip we lost when we scored 7, 6, 5, and 4 runs. If we can win any of them, it's an even trip and if you get two, it's an above .500 trip. Problem is, we can't win too often these days without a lacrosse score from our offense.

I'm a pessimist, so sue me. However, I see the Sox getting their ass kicked by the Tigers and Red Sox this week.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Twins not gonna relinquish first place after tonight, their schedule is weaksauce coming up compared to ours, i don't care if they're on the road or not. We face some damn good teams and they face the cellar

even if we won today, you can't convince me the rest of this season is setup for us to win this thing

how did our pitching staff just die all at once? i guess it's possible from all of the overwork early in the season, but if that's the case, how did KW not see this coming and do something about it

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
So in a 6 run game, the Royals have tried to steal 3rd base and now a bunt? Maybe Ozzie will show some balls and drill a KC hitter.

I'm sure we would miss em.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:23 PM)
It's hard for me to worry about the Twins right now with the issues we have. What they do doesn't matter if our play doesn't improve soon, because we'll fall out of it regardless.

As for the offense, yes they suck today. Assuming this holds up, we'll have a 4-6 road trip. However, we've had games on this trip we lost when we scored 7, 6, 5, and 4 runs. If we can win any of them, it's an even trip and if you get two, it's an above .500 trip. Problem is, we can't win too often these days without a lacrosse score from our offense.

So much for Ginter, looks like the Indians will be down at least 3-0.

It was about six weeks coming, but the Twins are finally passing us...and it really feels like we're going to be left behind, unless Minnesota completely tanks on the road and we can somehow get our mojo back against two impressive offenses in DET and BOS.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
Twins not gonna relinquish first place after tonight, their schedule is weaksauce coming up compared to ours.

That 11 game west coast trip and than 3 in Toronto is not weak sauce. I would rather play Boston at home with no Manny than that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
My brother says the exact same thing. He said it about two weeks ago, and after watching for it closely, I can see that both of you are right. He needs to be a bit more patient, even with the success he's had this year.

I have noticed that some pitchers have caught on to the fact he swings at the first pitch. So they throw balls outside or curves and he either misses or fouls those off. He just needs to keep in mind that big league pitchers make adjustmetns and he has to do that also

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)
So much for Ginter, looks like the Indians will be down at least 3-0.

It was about six weeks coming, but the Twins are finally passing us...and it really feels like we're going to be left behind, unless Minnesota completely tanks on the road and we can somehow get our mojo back against two impressive offenses in DET and BOS.

agreed, unless they choke worse than we do, this season is done

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
I'm a pessimist, so sue me. However, I see the Sox getting their ass kicked by the Tigers and Red Sox this week.

I also think were gonna get stomped in the next 7 games as well.. not gonna be good

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
Twins not gonna relinquish first place after tonight, their schedule is weaksauce coming up compared to ours, i don't care if they're on the road or not. We face some damn good teams and they face the cellar

even if we won today, you can't convince me the rest of this season is setup for us to win this thing

how did our pitching staff just die all at once? i guess it's possible from all of the overwork early in the season, but if that's the case, how did KW not see this coming and do something about it

The same reason very few teams had the pieces and could meet the asking price to get high-quality short relief help. KW's in a no-win position...he holds his breath on Linebrink's health and hopes we can stay close until the middle of the month, or he deals some combination of Poreda, Fields, Silverio and Martinez to get Street, which would further decimate any chances of the White Sox competing in the future.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:27 PM)
I hope we never see Richards start a game for the Sox again.

You won't, not even an issue you should worry about.

As for the people who say we're done, why? Yes we are playing badly and yes Minnesota is the favorite, but we're tied with them in the loss column after today even with the day off. The way we are playing says we're out of it, the odds say we're out of it, our eyes tell us we're out of it, but the standings don't, and until they do, you can't just say season over. The problem is, if we continue to pitch and defend like this, the standings will eventually also say we're out of it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
The same reason very few teams had the pieces and could meet the asking price to get high-quality short relief help. KW's in a no-win position...he holds his breath on Linebrink's health and hopes we can stay close until the middle of the month, or he deals some combination of Poreda, Fields, Silverio and Martinez to get Street, which would further decimate any chances of the White Sox competing in the future.

we had fields as a trade chip, uribe has shown he can play 3B if crede walks next year, but who cares, since we aren't competing next year anyways, at least we could've possibly gotten a decent starter from somebody