8/3 Wsox vs Royals: Richard vs Grienke 1:10

GoodAsGould

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
So you can say without hesitation that Richard will never pitch again for the Sox, but saying we're not going to make the playoffs is unreasonable? :lolhitting

Saying we're not going to make the playoffs is perfectly reasonable, I'll say it right now: We're not going to make the playoffs. The thing is, to say "it's over, we're done" is WAY different, and to say that about a team tied in the loss column with the team in first is just not accurate. And Clayton Richard will never pitch again for us because he really, really sucks.

Also, nicely done by A.J. to get to Olivo. I like the fact that a pitcher came in and threw at the Royals hitter though. Maybe this will wake us up, although I doubt it becaues our problem is bad pitching and defense, not really corpseball. Olivo was a little pussy with that mound charge though, go get him if you want to.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
I'm pretty sure they're going to miss Felix as well as Duchsherer

Hernandez pitched Saturday night...well, just like in 2006, when you're hoping the best pitchers on opposing teams will take down the Twins...after we fail to do it ourselves, well, there's nothing but "hope" to hang onto.

I really think if we could have won one of those 4-0 lead games, we might still be in pretty good position for the rest of the season...but that Morneau double clearing the bases off Richard might go down as the turning point of the season in retrospect.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
With this game out of reach, it'd be awesome if we just threw at Olivo in the dugout. Pickoff throw happens to find him.

Just pull them off the field with how awful this umpiring crew has been.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
what did he do

in the replay .. when olivo threw the punch of w/e, OC could have come in there to break it up, instead flinched .. it was pretty funny, but i just dont like OC