8/3 Wsox vs Royals: Richard vs Grienke 1:10

GoodAsGould

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
Saying we're not going to make the playoffs is perfectly reasonable, I'll say it right now: We're not going to make the playoffs. The thing is, to say "it's over, we're done" is WAY different, and to say that about a team tied in the loss column with the team in first is just not accurate. And Clayton Richard will never pitch again for us because he really, really sucks.

Also, nicely done by A.J. to get to Olivo. I like the fact that a pitcher came in and threw at the Royals hitter though. Maybe this will wake us up, although I doubt it becaues our problem is bad pitching and defense, not really corpseball. Olivo was a little pussy with that mound charge though, go get him if you want to.

You're writing of Richard unbelievably quick.

Olivo is such a pu$$y. Last year he got pissed at Jose Reyes for hot dogging around the bases, and almost incited a brawl at third base.

Between he and Jose Guillen, the Royals better have an anger management therapist on call 24/7.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
Did Olivo start it cause he got an owie from being hit?

As much as Olivo is a hothead and a pussy, I can see why he was mad. DJ threw it right at him and it hit the bat knob for a strike, then threw the next pitch in the exact same spot and it did hit him and lead to the skirmish. He was obviously throwing at him, and at this point I can't blame him for doing it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
The Sox? No offense, but that's bulls*** if you mean them. The Royals have acted like f***ing bushless steroid using dickheads today.

not a fan of fastballs at the grill because your pitching staff fu*king blows.

and i don't disagree that Olivo looks like a roider, not that it has anything to do with anything

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
Funny and probably true at the same time

Probably? His steroid use was one of the main reasons the Sox even considered getting rid of him. Wally Backman had terrible things to say about Olivo's character, which makes it comical that Hawk says he's a great guy.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
You're writing of Richard unbelievably quick.

He has an average fastball and lously secondary stuff. It is certainly possible he'll pitch in the major leagues again after this stint, but he'll never be any good there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
The Sox? No offense, but that's bulls*** if you mean them. The Royals have acted like f***ing bushless steroid using dickheads today.

For a last place team, they have been acting like they have a chip on their shoulders. They won't get to act like that much more this year.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)

Aviles's reaction to hitting his home run and the stealing/bunting with a 6 run lead will get the ball thrown at your head in a hurry.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)

and i don't disagree that Olivo looks like a roider, not that it has anything to do with anything

I agree with this. Nothing says POS team like one that's throwing beanballs after getting their asses handed to them 2 straight days in embarassing losses. How about the pitchers actually get some guys out?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
As much as Olivo is a hothead and a pussy, I can see why he was mad. DJ threw it right at him and it hit the bat knob for a strike, then threw the next pitch in the exact same spot and it did hit him and lead to the skirmish. He was obviously throwing at him, and at this point I can't blame him for doing it.

I am glad there is a voice of reason amongst us. DJ did what he was probbaly told to do, or at least felt he was supposed to do for the team, but nobody likes to get hit. The game has really changed from the old days.