8/3 Wsox vs Royals: Richard vs Grienke 1:10

GoodAsGould

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
have you ever watched a baseball game before? When you're up 8 runs, and are posing for homeruns, bunting, stealing 3rd....about a 75% chance you're getting beaned.

But as always, when the Sox/Ozzie do something like this, its because we are a classless team. If its the cubs, they are just showing some of Lou's latin passion.

crybaby sh** right there, pitch well, beat these terrible teams

stop making excuses for this bullsh*t.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
Another common theme to the relief corp lately: first batter they face with runners on and a situation they must shut down the opposition-they give up a base hit

Yeah our inherited runners scored stats the last month have to be all time bad.

If Carrasco was throwing intentionally at Olivo, I'm pretty sure he would of hit him with the 1st one. Bases were loaded and nobody will convince me Ozzie told him to do it unless Ozzie says he did.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)

You don't throw at people/teams because they are kicking your butt. But you do throw at them when they are doing the stuff the Royals are today. There is a very big difference, if we were just down by a big margin today and we threw at them, I'd have not liked it and said it was lame and a pathetic waste of time. However, when your opponent is kicking your butt AND trying to bunt for hits and steal bases and pimping home runs even though they never hit them, something probably needs to be done.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 08:50 PM)
If Carrasco was throwing intentionally at Olivo, I'm pretty sure he would of hit him with the 1st one. Bases were loaded and nobody will convince me Ozzie told him to do it unless Ozzie says he did.

He tried to, no doubt in my mind.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
No, because KC had a guy try to steal 3rd in a 6-0 game, and they also tried to bunt. If you pull that s***, you better be ducking at the plate.

6-0 isn't a blowout. Technically the Sox have enough hitting to make you think they can score 6 or more. They came back yesterday. You and I know they usually quit during these situations but it's still possible.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
You don't throw at people/teams because they are kicking your butt. But you do throw at them when they are doing the stuff the Royals are today. There is a very big difference, if we were just down by a big margin today and we threw at them, I'd have not liked it and said it was lame and a pathetic waste of time. However, when your opponent is kicking your butt AND trying to bunt for hits and steal bases and pimping home runs even though they never hit them, something probably needs to be done.

oh, like we did to the Cardinals in 2006 at the cell? people have ridiculously selective memories.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)

again, i shall ask....have you ever watched a baseball game. If you do s*** that warrants getting thrown at, you should get thrown at.

I wish there was more bean balls, then we could get rid of s*** like Braun's HR trot, Soriano's hopping, K-rods seizures after every strikeout. Its one of the few things I hate about what baseball has become.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
6-0 isn't a blowout. Technically the Sox have enough hitting to make you think they can score 6 or more. They came back yesterday. You and I know they usually quit during these situations but it's still possible.

Well, Ozzie pulled starters in a 5 run game in the 7th yesterday.