8/3 Wsox vs Royals: Richard vs Grienke 1:10

GoodAsGould

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
the funniest thing about this game is how we lost

we didn't give anybody any doubts that we were still a competitive team by losing 5-4, or having a stellar outing by our young left hander and then the bullpen gets lit up a little bit

we were just flat out brutally terrible, we're gonna have to play some outstanding baseball to make a lot of people think this team still has a chance. Liriano dominating today just makes the twins look like the team to beat, even more

I wouldnt want to face Liriano on his first start back when the Twins were holding him down in the minors where he had nothing to prove as shown by his 10-0 record. Liriano is good, but there isnt much to face in that Indians lineup right now, and the juices were definitely flowing for him

So I turned on TBS to watch Yanks/Angels slugfest. In a tie game in bottom of 8th, Jeter was up with 1st and 3rd, no outs. The infield was in, and Jeter grounded out to SS. The runner got to 2nd base, but the runner on 3rd didn't score. Chippy goes "a very productive out for Jeter".

I am guessing Boone Logan may be pitching at least three today. Got to save the pen you know. I am an eternal optimist, but I don't think we can score 11 or more at this point in the game. 9 maybe, but not 11

[/quote11 maybe but not 12 or more

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
So I turned on TBS to watch Yanks/Angels slugfest. In a tie game in bottom of 8th, Jeter was up with 1st and 3rd, no outs. The infield was in, and Jeter grounded out to SS. The runner got to 2nd base, but the runner on 3rd didn't score. Chippy goes "a very productive out for Jeter".

Yep, I didn't get how that was "very productive" either.