8/3 Wsox vs Royals: Richard vs Grienke 1:10

GoodAsGould

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
Game Day on MLB must already be writing the Sox off. The single by Swisher was first listed as an out. I guess they just figured what the heck?

Of course, Liriano has a no-hitter through 3 innings, although he has had to use 53 pitches so far...the only hope for us is getting into that Twins' bullpen in the 6th and 7th.

I'm sure Matt Ginter will keep the shutout going for the Indians.

sad thing about this is even if the score was still 0-0, i doubt we score more than 3-4 runs total today

greinke is just pitching great, we don't have anyone in our pen who can come in and just take over for the next 5-6 innings so we're pretty much screwed

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
Of course, Liriano has a no-hitter through 3 innings, although he has had to use 53 pitches so far...the only hope for us is getting into that Twins' bullpen in the 6th and 7th.

I'm sure Matt Ginter will keep the shutout going for the Indians.

Liriano, Blackburn, Perkins, Slowey, and Baker is a very good starting rotation.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 01:49 PM)
This team flat out sucks right now with all the injuries and fading pitching staff.

The scary thing is the end of what you said. It would be one thing if the injuries were what were clearly hurting us, such as if we were just having issues with Clayton Richard, 3rd base, and the 8th inning exclusively. The problem is, we're having issues in every facet of the game from every angle except offense. Thus, even though getting healthy will help us if it happens, it might not be enough.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 07:51 PM)
The scary thing is the end of what you said. It would be one thing if the injuries were what were clearly hurting us, such as if we were just having issues with Clayton Richard, 3rd base, and the 8th inning exclusively. The problem is, we're having issues in every facet of the game from every angle except offense. Thus, even though getting healthy will help us if it happens, it might not be enough.

Isn't our strength of schedule much more difficult than the Twins? Hopefully the Twins suck on the road.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
Isn't our strength of schedule much more difficult than the Twins? Hopefully the Twins suck on the road.

Yeah it is, but we are at home a hell of a lot more. I'm just going to refer and stick to what my signature says right now on the AL Central, it's our only hope at the moment.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
Check out the power numbers on our 2nd pick this year....ouch

another puzzling pick. That kid wasn't projected to go that high. Until we fix the scouting and player development we're screwed.

All we got is Getz at Charlotte, maybe Brandon Allen at Birmingham and a whole bunch of questions. I don't think the Sox have had a single player make the Baseball American Prospect Hot Sheet all season. Not one.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 01:50 PM)
Liriano, Blackburn, Perkins, Slowey, and Baker is a very good starting rotation.

The worst thing from a Sox perspective, all of those guys were produced in-house essentially, with the exception of a few seasons for Liriano in the SF system.

Not only that, but in that same time frame, they've also acquired Bonser (struggling mightily, on the border of a trade/release) and drafted Garza low in the first round, leading to D. Young's acquisition.

And none of those guys (except Liriano) has what you would call great stuff (compared with Floyd), maybe Baker is the closest, but he doesn't dominate with his fastball.