Richard optioned to Charlotte

hopefully someone who helps the team, good riddance for this year Clayton.

Hone your skills and come back next year.

Exactly. He may not be finished forever, but it's up to him to gain from this experience. It has to be a rude awakening for some of these guys when they get beat up. He needs to build on that game where he pitched four plus scoreless innings before he got shelled. Hopefully Jose will dominate the second half.

It'll be Contreras but a Poreda call up would be pretty coolio. Assuming Logan still has an option, I'd look to send him down until September and try and catch lightning in a bottle with Poreda. Logan's ERA is 15.95 in his past 10 appearances (which is 7.1 IP and 13 ER with 16 runs allowed), has allowed a 1.375 OPS in that time span, and his WHIP is 3.41. He's only had one appearance where he recorded atleast 1 out and didn't allow a run (and that's exactly what it was...he got one out and was gone). Part of it is Ozzie misusing him but part of it is also because he's being exposed with the injuries to the team, which is no fault of his own. The part that is his fault is that he has sucked ass, and that's something that needs to be dealt with.

Poreda gives you a guy that should be better than just a LOOGY, which is what Logan is (and he's still pretty effective at doing that, allowing a .708 OPS to lefties, compared to .900 vs righties), and he provides a better bridge to the other relievers. At this point in time, the bullpen needs a savior...Linebrink's out until atleast mid-August, and I don't think the Sox have the time to wait 10 days for his situation to clear itself up. Poreda's potential ability to be able to face both lefties and righties could be absolutely monumental for this team.

Fathom brought it up a couple places last night, and I think it would be an absolutely fantastic move for the organization to make.

To answer Flash...our Liriano is named Poreda.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 06:53 AM)
It'll be Contreras but a Poreda call up would be pretty coolio. Assuming Logan still has an option, I'd look to send him down until September and try and catch lightning in a bottle with Poreda. Logan's ERA is 15.95 in his past 10 appearances (which is 7.1 IP and 13 ER with 16 runs allowed), has allowed a 1.375 OPS in that time span, and his WHIP is 3.41. He's only had one appearance where he recorded atleast 1 out and didn't allow a run (and that's exactly what it was...he got one out and was gone). Part of it is Ozzie misusing him but part of it is also because he's being exposed with the injuries to the team, which is no fault of his own. The part that is his fault is that he has sucked ass, and that's something that needs to be dealt with.

Poreda gives you a guy that should be better than just a LOOGY, which is what Logan is (and he's still pretty effective at doing that, allowing a .708 OPS to lefties, compared to .900 vs righties), and he provides a better bridge to the other relievers. At this point in time, the bullpen needs a savior...Linebrink's out until atleast mid-August, and I don't think the Sox have the time to wait 10 days for his situation to clear itself up. Poreda's potential ability to be able to face both lefties and righties could be absolutely monumental for this team.

Fathom brought it up a couple places last night, and I think it would be an absolutely fantastic move for the organization to make.

To answer Flash...our Liriano is named Poreda.

I'd like to see Poreda too. Yet the sox don't seem to like putting their minor league SP's in the pen. I've advocated that in the past. Other playoff teams do when they need help-Joba, Papelbon come to mind. If Poreda is as good as predicted, he could use the on-the-job training being in Chicago.

If the sox call up an arm to pitch in the pen before Contreras takes the mound Sat, they should call up either Childers or Rodriguez from Charlotte. Both have been great pitching more than 1 inning at a time--IIRC, Childers has given up 0 runs in his last 10 games, like in 15 innings. Rodriguez just threw 3 innings last night. So he likely wouldn't be ready to give the sox any innings.

Of the guys the sox have called up--Richard, Wasserman, Russell, and Carrasco--both Childers and Rodriguez have had better numbers.

If it was all about the numbers, the pitching staff would look much different than it is today. It's about the business of baseball....investment in a player (bonus), options, How the player was acquired (trade), age, etc. If it were soley about performance, then Wisler and Childers would be on the club. The White Sox have predestination attached to each piece of the puzzle. Some players get a long leash (Floyd, acquired in the trade for Garcia) and others are required to produce immediately or be optioned back to AAA.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 07:01 AM)
I'd like to see Poreda too. Yet the sox don't seem to like putting their minor league SP's in the pen. I've advocated that in the past. Other playoff teams do when they need help-Joba, Papelbon come to mind. If Poreda is as good as predicted, he could use the on-the-job training being in Chicago.

If the sox call up an arm to pitch in the pen before Contreras takes the mound Sat, they should call up either Childers or Rodriguez from Charlotte. Both have been great pitching more than 1 inning at a time--IIRC, Childers has given up 0 runs in his last 10 games, like in 15 innings. Rodriguez just threw 3 innings last night. So he likely wouldn't be ready to give the sox any innings.

Of the guys the sox have called up--Richard, Wasserman, Russell, and Carrasco--both Childers and Rodriguez have had better numbers.

I actually brought this up a couple weeks ago when our bullpen starting turning for the worse. Most teams that make it far usually have that suprise impact player from the minors.. i think that guy just may be Poreda. I want to see this on August 15th: Jenks, Dotel, Linebrink, Poreda, Thorton, Wasserman. Send Carrasco and Logan down! If Linebrink comes back strong and Poreda contributes than we are in great shape heading into the stretch!

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 07:23 AM)
Why would you want to send some players down but keep Wasserman up. He has done nothing but stink up the joint this season, might as well have Loaiza rather than him... atleast he could stink it up multiple innings at a time.

I guess Carraso has been pitching alittle better than Wasserman... both are not impressive.