Take a chance on Scott Eyre?

maggsmaggs

Granted he may not be better than Boone, but he is a veteran with post-season experience. He almost signed with the Sox a couple years ago before going to the Cubs and has pitched solidly every year except this year recently. I am not saying he is a great option, but with Boone sucking at every single moment now, he has to be considered.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
Granted he may not be better than Boone, but he is a veteran with post-season experience. He almost signed with the Sox a couple years ago before going to the Cubs and has pitched solidly every year except this year recently. I am not saying he is a great option, but with Boone sucking at every single moment now, he has to be considered.

He already played here once, and wasn't very good. Plus he had some not-nice things to say about the franchise IIRC. I'd probably pass.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
That was Howry. Or both, but I'm pretty sure it was Howry.

It was both. Although Howry was pretty good for awhile here. Erye wasn't very good at all. That was before the ADHD meds though. Of course, the meds are stimulants. What helps him more the increased concentration or the legal stimulant?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
That was Howry. Or both, but I'm pretty sure it was Howry.

I think it was Eyre. Howry just told it like it is. He didn't say anything that was not true about the Sox or Sox fans. Sox fans just took it that way. Eyre IIRC was talking major stuff about our organization though.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
I think it was Eyre. Howry just told it like it is. He didn't say anything that was not true about the Sox or Sox fans. Sox fans just took it that way. Eyre IIRC was talking major stuff about our organization though.
In Logan's last 11.1 inning pitched he's given up 14 earned runs.. I believe there would be room for improvement. He's got talent he just needs to spend a little time down at Charlotte to recoup for coop.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 03:06 PM)
In Logan's last 11.1 inning pitched he's given up 14 earned runs.. I believe there would be room for improvement. He's got talent he just needs to spend a little time down at Charlotte to recoup for coop.
I hate it when people prove me wrong..great pitching and hitting by konerko, swish, Alexei and Carlos great fieliding by Juan..............

Eyre had made some wise cracks about the sox when he signed with the Cubs. Really dogged them, along the lines of playing on the better side of town and would have little room to backtrack. Sounds like some personal issues when he was here. Don't see a fit.

Or maybe just stick Clayton Richard in the pen. He can put up as s***ty numbers as Eyre and some of the other guys mentioned but at least he has upside and a nice looking arm (plus he has flashed the ability to get big leaguers out in his short stint, although he has also wet the bed).

Still, there is something to be said about bringing a lefty out of the pen who can hit 94, throws strikes, and gets a lot of ground balls.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
Or maybe just stick Clayton Richard in the pen. He can put up as s***ty numbers as Eyre and some of the other guys mentioned but at least he has upside and a nice looking arm (plus he has flashed the ability to get big leaguers out in his short stint, although he has also wet the bed).

Still, there is something to be said about bringing a lefty out of the pen who can hit 94, throws strikes, and gets a lot of ground balls.

The sox should move Richard to the bullpen in Charlotte and have him throw innings there instead of the rotation. Esp as that's the role he'd have if he came in Sept.