Who do you dislike as a sports fan?

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)
How about this guy?

r359555598.jpg

You know, I should start jumping up and down and screaming towards the ceiling every time I send an e-mail. If only everybody was as excited as he is about routinely doing their jobs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Pierce tops my list. He lets himself get even fatter than normal when the Celts suck, is 'injured', b****es about the team sucking. When he gets better talent around him he finally decides to get in better shape and act professional. What a douchebag. For MLB I'd go with all the vagina-bearded Red Sox (notably Youkilis, Varitek). In the NFL I'd probably go with Merriman. He's a hell of a ballplayer but he's a difficult guy to respect with his antics and PED history. Also just about every Patriot.

QUOTE (maggliopipe @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 01:23 PM)
Paul Pierce tops my list. He lets himself get even fatter than normal when the Celts suck, is 'injured', b****es about the team sucking. When he gets better talent around him he finally decides to get in better shape and act professional. What a douchebag. For MLB I'd go with all the vagina-bearded Red Sox (notably Youkilis, Varitek). In the NFL I'd probably go with Merriman. He's a hell of a ballplayer but he's a difficult guy to respect with his antics and PED history. Also just about every Patriot.

so you hate Boston sport, yikes

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
Every Cubs player except Derek Lee and Zambrano (Lee seems very genuine and Z is just a gamer who loves to play)

Every Twins player (although I respect the M and M's)

I have no reason to dislike Fukudome.

edit: or Soto, really

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:33 AM)
no idea .. just bugs the hell out of me .. hated him with the rockies

Yeah, I can see why one would hate him. I mean he is simply a guy who has played at a higher level than the talent he has and made the major leagues after laboring in the Minors for years, when no one gave him a chance to even get to the Show. The only reason he got called up was a September injury to Andres Galarraga after being told by the Nationals they didn't have the budget to call him up.

Yeah over achieving, quality teammates really suck!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone not associated with the White Sox, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks and Matt Holliday is alright too.

Honestly though, anything that has to do with the state of Michigan except the WMU Broncos, I would hate the Twins but they are just so darn lovable

Patrick Ewing, David Wells, Steinbrenners, ARODs smug ass,

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
Yeah, I can see why one would hate him. I mean he is simply a guy who has played at a higher level than the talent he has and made the major leagues after laboring in the Minors for years, when no one gave him a chance to even get to the Show. The only reason he got called up was a September injury to Andres Galarraga after being told by the Nationals they didn't have the budget to call him up.

If you havent noticed, the theme of the thread is who do YOU dislike. Not who SHOULD you dislike. Its an opinion, there are plenty of them in this thread. In fact, there are a lot of pretty good players, teammates, and teams mentioned in this thread.

I dislike Johnny Damon(especially bearded Jesus Damon), Jason Giambi, Johan Santana(for all of those years he just held the Sox under his thumb), James Posey, Jason Kidd, Terrell Owens, Bill Belichek, Jon Gruden, Al Davis

I cant stand women sports.I despise them when they play.Except for womens volleyball were the girls know their place.I know its probably wrong because if I have a daughter someday I wouldnt want someone to tell her she cant play sports but its how I feel now anyways.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)

Easy there Jamey.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
If you havent noticed, the theme of the thread is who do YOU dislike. Not who SHOULD you dislike. Its an opinion, there are plenty of them in this thread. In fact, there are a lot of pretty good players, teammates, and teams mentioned in this thread.

I dislike Johnny Damon(especially bearded Jesus Damon), Jason Giambi, Johan Santana(for all of those years he just held the Sox under his thumb), James Posey, Jason Kidd, Terrell Owens, Bill Belichek, Jon Gruden, Al Davis

I'm fully aware of what the theme of this thread is, thank you. My point is why in the hell would someone dislike such a player? I can understand disliking someone who is an ass, or a good player on a rival team, but not a role player who has far exceeded his given talent level to stick around the Major Leagues and someone that handles himself with class. Just trying to understand the reasoning.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have known Jamey since he was 14 and consider him a strong acquaintance. I'm not close enough to have been invited to his wedding, but close enough to give him a call every year or two just to check in, or to catch dinner with him after a game if I get to a city where he is playing and he doesn't have a bunch of family in town.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
I'm fully aware of what the theme of this thread is, thank you. My point is why in the hell would someone dislike such a player? I can understand disliking someone who is an ass, or a good player on a rival team, but not a role player who has far exceeded his given talent level to stick around the Major Leagues and someone that handles himself with class. Just trying to understand the reasoning.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have known Jamey since he was 14 and consider him a strong acquaintance. I'm not close enough to have been invited to his wedding, but close enough to give him a call every year or two just to check in, or to catch dinner with him after a game if I get to a city where he is playing and he doesn't have a bunch of family in town.

Maybe because he gets to the Sox everytime they play against a team he is on? I dont hate Grady Sizemore the person, but I hate Grady Sizemore the player vs the Sox because he lays the wood down everytime he plays.