Paris Strikes Back

Heads22

The sad part, the McCain campaign actually issued a press release on the video:

McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds emails: “It sounds like Paris Hilton supports John McCain’s ‘all of the above’ approach to America’s energy crisis - including both alternatives and drilling. Paris Hilton might not be as big a celebrity as Barack Obama, but she obviously has a better energy plan.”

Obama Campaign with the right response... one word:

Obama spokesman Bill Burton reacts: "Whatever."

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 09:20 PM)
The sad part, the McCain campaign actually issued a press release on the video:

McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds emails: "It sounds like Paris Hilton supports John McCain's 'all of the above' approach to America's energy crisis - including both alternatives and drilling. Paris Hilton might not be as big a celebrity as Barack Obama, but she obviously has a better energy plan."

Obama Campaign with the right response... one word:

Obama spokesman Bill Burton reacts: "Whatever."

And my response to that is... who the hell gives a crap besides you?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
And my response to that is... who the hell gives a crap besides you?

Me. His post contained exactly what I would have wanted to read... reaction. Again Obama's camp takes the high road.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:33 AM)
Me. His post contained exactly what I would have wanted to read... reaction. Again Obama's camp takes the high road.

That about sums up my feelings right there. The more attention is paid to it by someone the harder it is for me to take them seriously. Paris Hilton ironically comes out of this whole thing smelling like roses.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 08:33 AM)

:lolhitting

The high road? They are the ones benefitting, so of course they won't say anything.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 08:51 AM)

The high road? They are the ones benefitting, so of course they won't say anything.

It's not like McCain's camp didn't start the whole thing. They already dirtied their hands.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)

Why would they go dig a hole to match the one the McCain campaign seems to be digging?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:17 AM)
That is exactly what he was saying... Why would it be such a big deal that Camp Obama isn't saying something?

Why is it such a big deal at all? Period? This is stupid and I laugh at anybody who takes this whole thing seriously or make it out to be anything more than it is. For anybody supporting McCain or bashing Obama the best thing to do is ignore this because the longer it lasts, the worse off the McCain camp looks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 07:33 AM)

Lol... is Obama taking the "high road" everytime he brings race into it? It seems like he is saying McCain, or any republican who isn't black, is going to attack Obama for his race, but I haven't seen that.

Oh, and how come nobody mentions the Obama attack adds. Apparently McCain is in the pocket of big oil now!

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 03:06 PM)
Lol... is Obama taking the "high road" everytime he brings race into it? It seems like he is saying McCain, or any republican who isn't black, is going to attack Obama for his race, but I haven't seen that.

Oh, and how come nobody mentions the Obama attack adds. Apparently McCain is in the pocket of big oil now!

certainly doesn't look favorable when you reverse your position on off-shore drilling a few days after over $100,000 gets donated to your campaign by the Hess family.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:18 AM)
certainly doesn't look favorable when you reverse your position on off-shore drilling a few days after over $100,000 gets donated to your campaign by the Hess family.

Right, because Obama doesn't have ANY oil lobby money ANYWHERE tied in to his campaign. (and it's not something any of us could figure out really easily, but I'm sure it's there somewhere).

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 05:29 PM)
Right, because Obama doesn't have ANY oil lobby money ANYWHERE tied in to his campaign. (and it's not something any of us could figure out really easily, but I'm sure it's there somewhere).

I'm sure it is too. And if it turns out Obama got a flood of money from people tied to oil right before he said he'd reconsider off-shore drilling, I'll say High Five kap. But what I mentioned has nothing to do with Obama. And, to save your time, I'll just write your responses to everything I say right after my posts. I have "Right because OBama doesn't" saved to my paste board and I'll just fill in the rest.