and thats a twins loser!!!

letsgoarow

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:47 AM)
If he came in the 8th, does it still qualify for save opp? therefor blown save opp?

He didn't even get the loss. According to the box score (I didn't see the game), Guerrier gave up to two runs in the 8th.

This is the definition of a blown save:

A blown save (abbreviated BS or B) is charged to a pitcher who enters a game in a situation which permits him to earn a save (a 'save situation'), but who instead allows the tying run to score. Note that if the tying run was scored by a runner who was already on base when the new pitcher entered the game, that new pitcher will be charged with a blown save even though the run (and earned run) will not be charged to the new pitcher, but rather to the pitcher who allowed that runner to reach base.

If that same pitcher also allows the go-ahead run to reach base and score, and if his team does not come back to tie or gain a lead in the game, said pitcher will be charged with both the loss (as in any other similar situation) and a 'blown save.' The blown save is not an officially recognized statistic, but many sources keep track of them. Blown saves have been tracked since 1988. Once a pitcher blows a save, he is no longer eligible to earn a save in that game (since the lead that he was trying to "save" has disappeared), although he can earn a win if his team regains the lead. For this reason, most closers' records include a few wins. Closers make the majority of their appearances with their team ahead, so a loss usually includes a blown save.

--So therefore Blown Save to Nathan, and Loss to Guerrier

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:44 AM)
Nathan was due for a blown save?

That's 3 for him now, right? Putz REALLY tried his best to let them win the game in both the 8th and 9th, I don't think he's 100% recovered from his recent injury...but we'll take it.

As far as the Twins, I know they had a couple of late inning disasters against the Tigers earlier in the year...and a couple against the Red Sox more recently.

They had an amazing record in 06 when leading after 7 innings, something like only 3-4 losses over the whole season when leading after 7. They really miss Neshek and Rincon (pre-steroids fallout).

The Tigers, I think, have 22 blown saves out of 42 opportunities, or something similarly abysmal...