8/6 Sox v Tigers: 7:11, CSN

witesoxfan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
Honestly, who lets a young pitcher like JV go 130 pitches?

Seriously. I mean, I hate the Tigers and everything. But, it just pisses me off to see young starters get overworked like that, no matter who it is.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
Alexei with a clutch hit right there... Wish he wouldn't have gotten caught though

With Thome running I think they wanted him to draw the throw.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
Honestly, who lets a young pitcher like JV go 130 pitches?

Oh puh-lease. Pitch count is so overrated, it's not even funny anymore. Pitchers can easily throw 130 pitches a night, but because teams invest so much in pitchers now-a-days, GM's and managers baby the pitchers.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
Alexei with a clutch hit right there... Wish he wouldn't have gotten caught though

He did the right thing. With Thome running and the fact that the ball was hit very hard, you want the runner to get caught to ensure the runner scores.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
Oh puh-lease. Pitch count is so overrated, it's not even funny anymore. Pitchers can easily throw 130 pitches a night, but because teams invest so much in pitchers now-a-days, GM's and managers baby the pitchers.

Why even risk it in a game like this?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
He did the right thing. With Thome running and the fact that the ball was hit very hard, you want the runner to get caught to ensure the runner scores.

Gotcha. I'm listening to the game on the radio, so I couldn't see it. They didn't really explain the situation.