2008 Beijing Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 02:40 AM)
Vesna Sekaric, she's a shooter. I would have chosen Djokovic or Sapic, but oh well.

I still can't believe Federer wasn't carrying the flag for his country. Also, it seemed like NBC could have cared less about Lopez Lemong carrying the flag. They were too busy showing the beach volleyball girls (talk about overrated in terms of hotness).

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
I still can't believe Federer wasn't carrying the flag for his country. Also, it seemed like NBC could have cared less about Lopez Lemong carrying the flag. They were too busy showing the beach volleyball girls (talk about overrated in terms of hotness).

Agreed. Just cuz a girl wears spandex doesn't mean they are hot.

When I was young watching the Olympics, I used to have crushed on the female gymnasts. Now I feel dirty and wrong watching them.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
I love how we (North America) has the best players in every sport: Crosby NHL, Tiger PGA, Phelps whatever it's called, A-Rod MLB, Brady NFL, and Lebron/Kobe NBA.

Way to go, Phelpsy! :usa :usa

Swimming?

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 03:33 AM)
Agreed. Just cuz a girl wears spandex doesn't mean they are hot.

When I was young watching the Olympics, I used to have crushed on the female gymnasts. Now I feel dirty and wrong watching them.

That one gymnast on the US (Sacramone, I believe her name is) is the hottest gymnast I can remember.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
I love how we (North America) has the best players in every sport: Crosby NHL, Tiger PGA, Phelps whatever it's called, A-Rod MLB, Brady NFL, and Lebron/Kobe NBA.

Way to go, Phelpsy! :usa :usa

I'm confused...what does that have to do with the Olympics and what relevance does it have? America and Canada are the only countries that play football so thats pretty moot, and IMO, Pujols and Ovechkin have their own case for the MLB and NHL...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm confused...what does that have to do with the Olympics and what relevance does it have? America and Canada are the only countries that play football so thats pretty moot, and IMO, Pujols and Ovechkin have their own case for the MLB and NHL...

Nothing at all. It's just cool to know that we have arguably the best athletes in every sport (except soccer, tennis, etc.).

But like you said, you could make an argument for Ovechkin and Pujols.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
Personally, I think Pujols is better than Alex Rodriguez.

It's kind of like comparing Kobe and LeBron- you can't go wrong.

Pujols has a better FP yet 1B'men usually make less errors than 3B'men. A-Rod has the better OPS liftetime yet Pujols has the better AVG and OBP. A-Rod obviously has the HR over him, though.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 10:39 PM)
It's kind of like comparing Kobe and LeBron- you can't go wrong.

Pujols has a better FP yet 1B'men usually make less errors than 3B'men. A-Rod has the better OPS liftetime yet Pujols has the better AVG and OBP. A-Rod obviously has the HR over him, though.

Your obsession with fielding percentage is disturbing. Right now A-Rod is a mediocre 3B while Pujols is probably the best 1B in the National League (and it has been said that he plays a mean SS in practice.) Pujols has a 74 point lead in career OPS so you're wrong on that one. Albert Pujols is just an incredible hitter, possibly the best all around hitter I've ever seen.

Just take a look at the all-time leaders in career OPS:

1.) Ruth - 1.164

2.) Williams - 1.116

3.) Gehrig - 1.080

4.) Bonds - 1.051

4.) Pujols - 1.043

That's crazy.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 03:56 AM)
Alicia Sacramone, as hot as she is, just choked on the floor exercise. A wipe out and a step out of bounds. Then the next one steps out of bounds too. Clutch.

Maybe her choke job tonight will make her even more famous?