Do you know that you are annoying?

DABearSoX

So I am pretty sure there is really no way to get this across nicely to the person I would like to say it to but just wondering what others would do. So here's the story,

So I work in a pretty standard office building with cubicles and different departments on this floor. In the department next to mine (about 15 feet) there sits the most annoying 3 women I have ever heard in my life. The ring leader (older fat ass women) is obnoxiously loud and has one of those laughs that just make you cringe. The other 2 girls, one talks like a mouse (you know those really high pitched voices), and the other talks like she is deaf (I am almost sure she is not b/c I have seen her talk between cubicles w/o reading lips).

Honestly I don't think they do any work b/c 6 hours of the day they are talking about random bulls*** from how good the BLT the fat b**** ate for lunch yesterday to what’s up with Jolie and Pitt. After anything is said (even if it’s not remotely funny) the ring leaders laugh goes off then her loud ass voice says something else.

Honestly I would be a lot more productive if I didn't have to listen to this s***. I want to go over there and tell them to shut the f*** up and do some work or at least leave an anonymous note on a desk saying the same thing. The only time I get anything done is when the fat b**** is at lunch and it’s quiet in here.

Ok good to vent a little bit, so what would you do about it or def post any stories that would go along with this one (it helps to vent a little bit).

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:48 AM)
So I am pretty sure there is really no way to get this across nicely to the person I would like to say it to but just wondering what others would do. So here's the story,

So I work in a pretty standard office building with cubicles and different departments on this floor. In the department next to mine (about 15 feet) there sits the most annoying 3 women I have ever heard in my life. The ring leader (older fat ass women) is obnoxiously loud and has one of those laughs that just make you cringe. The other 2 girls, one talks like a mouse (you know those really high pitched voices), and the other talks like she is deaf (I am almost sure she is not b/c I have seen her talk between cubicles w/o reading lips).

Honestly I don't think they do any work b/c 6 hours of the day they are talking about random bulls*** from how good the BLT the fat b**** ate for lunch yesterday to what’s up with Jolie and Pitt. After anything is said (even if it’s not remotely funny) the ring leaders laugh goes off then her loud ass voice says something else.

Honestly I would be a lot more productive if I didn't have to listen to this s***. I want to go over there and tell them to shut the f*** up and do some work or at least leave an anonymous note on a desk saying the same thing. The only time I get anything done is when the fat b**** is at lunch and it’s quiet in here.

Ok good to vent a little bit, so what would you do about it or def post any stories that would go along with this one (it helps to vent a little bit).

Take it to HR. Seriously. There was a group like this at the job I left before I had Bri and no one formally complained. At one point one of the gang members heard people talking about them in the lunch room and she filed a complaint, hired a lawyer and got a payday for having to work in a "hostile work environment". The rest followed suit but I left before it was resolved - and I would bet high it was one of the reasons 80+ people were laid off shortly after. These days it takes a paper trail a mile long to get some companies to take action.

I can sympathize with annoying work environment. I am 40 years old, but apparently there is a generation break that happens at about 30. I work between two guys that age and hear their incessant talk about video games, big screen tv's, and movie downloads. I swear the top three words I hear during a workday are (1) "dude" (2) "cool" and (3) "suck". Am I really getting that old ? :(

SFF

QUOTE (Steff @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
Take it to HR. Seriously. There was a group like this at the job I left before I had Bri and no one formally complained. At one point one of the gang members heard people talking about them in the lunch room and she filed a complaint, hired a lawyer and got a payday for having to work in a "hostile work environment". The rest followed suit but I left before it was resolved - and I would bet high it was one of the reasons 80+ people were laid off shortly after. These days it takes a paper trail a mile long to get some companies to take action.

not a bad idea at all....

sorry for the excessive swearing as well....I am quitting smoking so I am a little on edge as it is...

Steff is absolutely right. (It had to happen sometime.) Take it to HR. It's the only way to get any action in today's corporate world. Make sure they know you're serious and it is affecting your production.

QUOTE (mreye @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
Make sure they know you're serious and it is affecting your production.

I was about to goto HR today for this reason alone, but dreams do come true, right after getting in today I was informed that my department will be moving floors in a few weeks. So I'll just have to put up with it for a little bit longer.

With some of the people I have to put up with on this site, this should be a cake walk...

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 08:59 AM)
I was about to goto HR today for this reason alone, but dreams do come true, right after getting in today I was informed that my department will be moving floors in a few weeks. So I'll just have to put up with it for a little bit longer.

With some of the people I have to put up with on this site, this should be a cake walk...

We all know the feeling.

QUOTE (Steff @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)

Taking it to HR is probably the worst thing you can do. Corporations like to know you can deal with things and that you're part of the team. Going to HR will not only result in the bigwigs in your office finding out that you complained, and put you out there at risk. Do your job, because ratting people out for any reason other than something truly serious. The company will take care of those three when layoffs come around.

For anyone else who thinks moves such as the one suggested above are a good idea (which they are not), please read Corporate Confidential. It will open your eyes.

EDIT: I see the problem solved itself. However, read the above book so you can find out more times than not, HR is not on your side.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 05:34 PM)
Taking it to HR is probably the worst thing you can do. Corporations like to know you can deal with things and that you're part of the team. Going to HR will not only result in the bigwigs in your office finding out that you complained, and put you out there at risk. Do your job, because ratting people out for any reason other than something truly serious. The company will take care of those three when layoffs come around.

For anyone else who thinks moves such as the one suggested above are a good idea (which they are not), please read Corporate Confidential. It will open your eyes.

EDIT: I see the problem solved itself. However, read the above book so you can find out more times than not, HR is not on your side.

Its really one of those situations where your damned if you do and damned if you don't...I am just happy I ended up not having to do anything...

Here's another update.....

So now they are talking about an xmas party and some women flashing and how she was wear ugly granny panties....you can figure the gist of the conversation...but I would think now I have actual grounds to goto HR with a legitamate sexual harrasment case. Ha, it's making me uncomfortable

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
Here's another update.....

So now they are talking about an xmas party and some women flashing and how she was wear ugly granny panties....you can figure the gist of the conversation...but I would think now I have actual grounds to goto HR with a legitamate sexual harrasment case. Ha, it's making me uncomfortable

Oh suck it up sissy boy, and keep your mouth shut!!

IMO, if you aren't part of the solution in a matter like this, then you are part of the problem. I can't understand any company appreciating or tolerating such actions wasting company dime, especially in this economic climate. And while I'm sure they are out there, I'm glad I have never worked for, or with, such ignorants.

QUOTE (Steff @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)

Holy s***, who the hell are you!!!!!!

QUOTE (Steff @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
Oh suck it up sissy boy, and keep your mouth shut!!

IMO, if you aren't part of the solution in a matter like this, then you are part of the problem. I can't understand any company appreciating or tolerating such actions wasting company dime, especially in this economic climate. And while I'm sure they are out there, I'm glad I have never worked for, or with, such ignorants.

I really am a sissy boy, but honestly I believe their superior is on another floor so he isn't around the hear the constant blabbering about random bulls***. Its one of those situations where its like well s*** I just showed up to work I guess I dont have to do anything for the 1st 2 hours or the last 2 hours. I mean I guess you can say the same about myself on soxtalk...BUT...I can still answer the telephones and do my job while conversing with you fools. The best part about it is at least one time a day the most annoying of the three comments about how loud and annoying she is then just laughs and laughs like to rub it in to the other 30+ people on the floor.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 08:47 AM)
I really am a sissy boy, but honestly I believe their superior is on another floor so he isn't around the hear the constant blabbering about random bulls***. Its one of those situations where its like well s*** I just showed up to work I guess I dont have to do anything for the 1st 2 hours or the last 2 hours. I mean I guess you can say the same about myself on soxtalk...BUT...I can still answer the telephones and do my job while conversing with you fools. The best part about it is at least one time a day the most annoying of the three comments about how loud and annoying she is then just laughs and laughs like to rub it in to the other 30+ people on the floor.

Well, good luck with whatever you decide to do. Hopefully them moving will solve the problem.