uh, White Sox winner

witesoxfan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
Sox lead the whole game, great pitching performance all around, timely hitting.

BORING.

seriously, f*** this, I would have rather lost so that way atleast Soxtalk was exploding...SEASON'S OVER, WTFOMG

It's amazing how much quieter it really is when the Sox win. If the score were reversed, you would think you would probably have to be sent to the hospital and treated for a poisoning with how much venom is thrown around here.

We needed an excellent performance from Danksy and he came through, he truly is developing into an outstanding pitcher in this league. Verlander continues to have nightmares vs Thome lol. And i agree Alexie has been huge all season long. Lets get em tommorow. A sweep would be HUGE.

Saw Pineapple Express and got home in time to catch Bobby close out the 9th. I will admit I'm faster to come on here after a loser than a winner, but that's just to see what people say. I consider myself a positive Sox fan. Let's make it a sweep tomorrow!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 02:58 AM)
seriously, f*** this, I would have rather lost so that way atleast Soxtalk was exploding...SEASON'S OVER, WTFOMG

It's amazing how much quieter it really is when the Sox win. If the score were reversed, you would think you would probably have to be sent to the hospital and treated for a poisoning with how much venom is thrown around here.

I'll speak for myself...I DVR'd Hard Knocks, and as soon as Sox game was over, I turned off my computer and went to watch one of my favorite shows on television.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
I'll speak for myself...I DVR'd Hard Knocks, and as soon as Sox game was over, I turned off my computer and went to watch one of my favorite shows on television.

I actually wasn't even thinking about you because you come on here regardless of win or loss. You swing from side to side pretty easily but you can be pretty level headed, even in extreme circumstances.

There are just some on here that seem to suggest that the season was over even when the Sox were in first place because the Sox didn't pick up any pitching at the deadline when the White Sox have one of the best ERAs...like a top 5 ERA...in the entire AL, even after July. They've been banged up, out of rhythm, a victim of being on the road, and a victim of pitching in heat. You are already starting to see them pitch much, much better of late as they are readjusting themselves to their new roles (Carrasco is apparently a hell of a replacement for Masset) and a general rhythm and flow to the staff is being re-established. If Ozzie is smart, he will slowly work Linebrink back into the 8th inning role whenever he gets back and not in the first game back. Ozzie's smart enough and he knows better than that.

It's just funny that some of those people haven't been here the past couple days.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 03:14 AM)
Saw Pineapple Express and got home in time to catch Bobby close out the 9th. I will admit I'm faster to come on here after a loser than a winner, but that's just to see what people say. I consider myself a positive Sox fan. Let's make it a sweep tomorrow!

My buddy is in that movie.

He plays a small role i think, in the movie his name is Ack.

Do you remember him at all? Im going to see it friday

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 10:32 PM)
My buddy is in that movie.

He plays a small role i think, in the movie his name is Ack.

Do you remember him at all? Im going to see it friday

Looking at his imdb pictures, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0188966/ , I'd have to say I'm pretty sure I remember his character and that his scene was one of the best of the film that I actually laughed out loud at. I won't say anymore about his character lest to spoil it, other than I believe he plays a high school student? At least I think that's the guy. There's a ton of characters.