uh, White Sox winner

witesoxfan

Great win. Seems like everytime we need a big performance we get one (Floyd in MIN, Danks today). Great game for Jimmy and nice tack on 2 run single by Lexei.

Sweep these @$$holes tomorrow! :gosox3:

BTW- my excuse is I worked 2-11.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent win. Just the kind of win you'd hope for after breaking Detroit's heart the night before. Good job, Sox. We love these type wins. Didn't Cora manage again tonight? Yikes ... Cora our good luck charm? The pressure's on Oz to keep it goin'.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)
I like Joey answering questions.

A lot, actually.

You'll be seeing him do it for another team as a manager league manager next year, 2010 at the latest. Anyways, THAT is the kind of win I've wanted to see for a while now. Timely hitting, good defense, great pitching. I love it. Let's get a sweep tomorrow.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

It really would be nice to sweep. Generally I'd be elated at a series victory, but Det. is now nine back I believe in the loss column and the way we beat 'em in game one followed by an efficient game two win, makes me really want sweep. Boston as you all realize is damn good. They came back to drub a hot KC team the last 2 nights after getting nipped in the opener.

I watched this game at the bar, and finished the game at the girlfriend's place... and in about the 7th inning I was thinking "what can Soxtalk possibly be talking about right now?" Possibly a strange thing to think about.. but in the broad spectrum of things that just means it was a boring, non-frustrating game. I'll take that every night if I can get it. hah. Go Sox.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 03:37 AM)
Looking at his imdb pictures, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0188966/ , I'd have to say I'm pretty sure I remember his character and that his scene was one of the best of the film that I actually laughed out loud at. I won't say anymore about his character lest to spoil it, other than I believe he plays a high school student? At least I think that's the guy. There's a ton of characters.

Yeap thats him!

Thanks dude, cant wait to see it.

Danks had an absolutely filthy outside changeup to righthanders, set up by his cutter on the hands, and he used the cutter vs lefties to sneak onto the inside corner.

Toby Hall called a really nice game last night, Danks looked really good out there

That's how I want to win every game from here on iut, great pitching, good relief and some clutch hitting.

Because that's how we're going to have to win come playoff time. Let's keep beating up on the Tiggies, and knock them out of the race.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)
I actually wasn't even thinking about you because you come on here regardless of win or loss. You swing from side to side pretty easily but you can be pretty level headed, even in extreme circumstances.

There are just some on here that seem to suggest that the season was over even when the Sox were in first place because the Sox didn't pick up any pitching at the deadline when the White Sox have one of the best ERAs...like a top 5 ERA...in the entire AL, even after July. They've been banged up, out of rhythm, a victim of being on the road, and a victim of pitching in heat. You are already starting to see them pitch much, much better of late as they are readjusting themselves to their new roles (Carrasco is apparently a hell of a replacement for Masset) and a general rhythm and flow to the staff is being re-established. If Ozzie is smart, he will slowly work Linebrink back into the 8th inning role whenever he gets back and not in the first game back. Ozzie's smart enough and he knows better than that.

It's just funny that some of those people haven't been here the past couple days.

I'm always paranoid in these situations, so I would just like to say that I've been around the last few days.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 02:58 AM)
seriously, f*** this, I would have rather lost so that way atleast Soxtalk was exploding...SEASON'S OVER, WTFOMG

It's amazing how much quieter it really is when the Sox win. If the score were reversed, you would think you would probably have to be sent to the hospital and treated for a poisoning with how much venom is thrown around here.

Apparently you weren't around for two nights ago. Soxtalk is always loud, regardless of what happens.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
I actually wasn't even thinking about you because you come on here regardless of win or loss. You swing from side to side pretty easily but you can be pretty level headed, even in extreme circumstances.

There are just some on here that seem to suggest that the season was over even when the Sox were in first place because the Sox didn't pick up any pitching at the deadline when the White Sox have one of the best ERAs...like a top 5 ERA...in the entire AL, even after July. They've been banged up, out of rhythm, a victim of being on the road, and a victim of pitching in heat. You are already starting to see them pitch much, much better of late as they are readjusting themselves to their new roles (Carrasco is apparently a hell of a replacement for Masset) and a general rhythm and flow to the staff is being re-established. If Ozzie is smart, he will slowly work Linebrink back into the 8th inning role whenever he gets back and not in the first game back. Ozzie's smart enough and he knows better than that.

It's just funny that some of those people haven't been here the past couple days.

Maybe you meant me? Well, I was at the game, got home really late, and have had no computer access until now. There's really not much for me to add though, unless it's more praise for Danks.

I am hopeful we can get more than 1 or 2 quality starts per every rotation turn as has been the case recently.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
Jim Thome is 6th in HR and 12th in OPS in the American League. His OPS+ is 134. Thank god he wasn't released in May.

So we have the 1st, 4th, and 6th place home run hitters in the AL and 5th, 6th, and 12th guys in OPS, with Thome 3rd on the team in both categories. That is as imposing a 3-4-5 as you'll find. Thome's rebound has been incredible though, he was absolutely horrible for two full months and has just been great since the beginning of June. I know everybody goes through slumps, but it was odd to see a hall of famer be unable to hit for two months, however Jim is back where he has been for a long time now, as an elite player.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
So we have the 1st, 4th, and 6th place home run hitters in the AL and 5th, 6th, and 12th guys in OPS, with Thome 3rd on the team in both categories. That is as imposing a 3-4-5 as you'll find. Thome's rebound has been incredible though, he was absolutely horrible for two full months and has just been great since the beginning of June. I know everybody goes through slumps, but it was odd to see a hall of famer be unable to hit for two months, however Jim is back where he has been for a long time now, as an elite player.

The funny thing with Thome is that he still can't hit the inside pitch at all. However, he's squaring up that outside pitch a lot more than he was early in the year, and most of his homers are going to the opposite way. I don't know why a team would ever pitch him a fastball away.