javier colina

Bubba Philips

QUOTE (forrestg @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
Lot of extra base hits not too many homers.. Venezualen.. High average lot of walks.. Can he outfield fields? September call up maybe?

Hits the ball hard, with bare hands too! Solid fielder, can play 1st, 2nd & 3rd. But, he's a minor league journeyman, 29 years old, spent all of last season in independent ball.

QUOTE (forrestg @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
September call up maybe?

Very doubtful. They'd have to put him on the 40-man. I don't see that happening.

Too many roster issues to deal with.

For example: if they want to keep David Cook, he will have to go on the 40-man since he is eligible for the Rule 5 draft this year. Etc...

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 08:59 AM)
Very doubtful. They'd have to put him on the 40-man. I don't see that happening.

Too many roster issues to deal with.

For example: if they want to keep David Cook, he will have to go on the 40-man since he is eligible for the Rule 5 draft this year. Etc...

I'd like to see Cook added to the 40-man and get a September call up. I think he may be a legit prospect, and at the very least, he can up his trade value a bit.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
I'd like to see Cook added to the 40-man and get a September call up. I think he may be a legit prospect, and at the very least, he can up his trade value a bit.

I'm hoping he comes back to B'ham for the playoffs. Charlotte won't make the playoffs, and B'ham needs a punch because they are playing flat.