GREAT read.....

doubleM23

I saw footage of this last week on ESPN. The kid almost took a knee and it was funny to see the referee go up to him and point to run to the endzone. The opposing players opened a hole and chased him just like they would any other player. It was an emotional moment when the video camera footage turned to the crowd afterwards and there wasn't a dry eye in the place. This kid and the two teams have more class in their little fingers than some sports stars (see: PAYROD) have in their whole body. A moment like that is what sports should be all about.

Originally posted by Spiff

Please explain to me why Alex Rodriguez doesn't have any class I am curious.

I would love to hear this as well. I think most people just see his contract and assume that he has no class. First off blaming him for the contract is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. If someone offered you $252 million, what are you gonna do? Say no thanks? f*** no! Your gonna sign on the dotted line!

Secondly Arod has a lot of class. He donated $4 million to Miami to renovate their stadium. He does a lot of charity work including with his own charity. Maybe it's not a lot of money to him, but its money that he doesn't have to give out.

It's just ignorant to say the guy has no class because of his contract, which let me remind everyone again, was offered to him! I'll guarantee that no one here would turn down that money.

Arod is a class guy imo. It ain't his fault to turn down 25 million.

He probably wouldn't of went to Texas except that offer of 25 mill over 10 years was about 100 million more then he was offered from any other team.

That don't make him a jerk or anything like that. He respects the fans exceptionally well and has donated his money and hasn't had any trouble with the law.

By the way that was a good read.