8/7 Sox v Tigers, 7:11, WCIU

witesoxfan

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
Not really, you leave Thome in the game, since his run isn't that important. I have no problem with Thome staying in for the chance he hits in the 9th.

What do you mean Thome's run wasn't important ? You pinch run in that situation. It possibly gets you 1 run closer . Having a 1 run deficit is better than a 2 run deficit in the 9th inning. If Thome bats in the 9th that means the Sox got some runs .

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Please sit on the change......

How do you sit on a change when Rodney has been throwing 97-98 recently?

He has a great change, but you you always have to look fastball first and then adjust...if you look for the change, then you're in real trouble.

DARN!!!

Thought that ball was going to get down the tie it up...Ramirez had the right approach. Just wish we hadn't left so many runners on earlier in the game when Griffey, Ramirez, Cabrera and Quentin had their opportunities to make it closer.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 03:45 AM)
f***, I just got in to see that catch.

Was Vazquez as bad as his line?

Words can't describe my hatred of Javier Vazquez.

If he doesn't let Cabrera beat him, then maybe he has a good game.

Well if we lose this game even though there are a number of reasons, nothing is as bad as Cox, I know im being kind of a hothead but I definitely wouldnt be against him being fired immediately after the game... this isnt the first time he was way off.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
What do you mean Thome's run wasn't important ? You pinch run in that situation. It possibly gets you 1 run closer . Having a 1 run deficit is better than a 2 run deficit in the 9th inning. If Thome bats in the 9th that means the Sox got some runs .

Yea, I didn't quite get that. His run isn't that important if it's the 9th IMO because you still have a runner on and the tying run at the plate. But since we had another inning, his run was important because one swing of the bat in the 9th and it's tied up!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
How do you sit on a change when Rodney has been throwing 97-98 recently?

He has a great change, but you you always have to look fastball first and then adjust...if you look for the change, then you're in real trouble.

DARN!!!

Thought that ball was going to get down the tie it up...Ramirez had the right approach. Just wish we hadn't left so many runners on earlier in the game when Griffey, Ramirez, Cabrera and Quentin had their opportunities to make it closer.

What's easier to hit...an 85ish mph pitch you're looking for a 98 mph heater? He throws that pitch 40-50% of the time.