8/7 Sox v Tigers, 7:11, WCIU

witesoxfan

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 04:59 PM)
With their pitching and pen, they simply cannot do it.

Exactly. Very few teams, if at all, can hit their way to a 10-game win streak. But teams can pitch their way to one. As we are seeing with the Tigers pitching, they are bad and pitching their way to a ten game losing streak.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)
We need to get AJ out of the 2 spot.

He's hitting .294 in August. He had a bit of a down July, but he's hitting .291 out of that slot. You could argue that Alexei would be sexier there because Alexei is just that good, but AJ has been fairly solid and consistent out of that hole.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 06:27 PM)
He's hitting .294 in August. He had a bit of a down July, but he's hitting .291 out of that slot. You could argue that Alexei would be sexier there because Alexei is just that good, but AJ has been fairly solid and consistent out of that hole.

But he's a free swinger and his OBP is never good. Not to mention he is one of the slowest players on the team. Why not have Swisher or Griffey there?

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
But he's a free swinger and his OBP is never good. Not to mention he is one of the slowest players on the team. Why not have Swisher or Griffey there?

Well, here's your question. Do you want a guy in that slot hitting .229 or .247?

The #2 slot is one where I actually care about batting average, because I want the guy putting the ball in play and being able to move runners along before God and JD come up.

Griffey I could tolerate, maybe, because his BA is a little higher than Swisher's. I just don't like a guy hitting .230 coming up before the deity.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)
Javy pisses me off!!!

Why treat the #9 hitter so gingerly and try to trick him with a telegraphed change-up when that will only make him a more dangerous hitter and speed up his bat? Even the Tigers' announcers noticed he was slowing down his motion.