8/7 Sox v Tigers, 7:11, WCIU

witesoxfan

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 02:07 AM)
He has a lot of K's. His apologists are still happy with his performance and think the 5 runs are all luck.

This seems like 2006 where every offspeed pitch he throws is just begging to be crushed. I can't believe Ozzie is leaving him in to die right now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
Wonder if we could dump him on Baltimore or Seattle in the off season. Some team with gullible management.

He would be good on a team like one of the two you mentioned. A team with no expectation to win, comfortably down in the standings. He could shine in the first half for a non contender and someone would give up a decent package at the deadline.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
This seems like 2006 where every offspeed pitch he throws is just begging to be crushed. I can't believe Ozzie is leaving him in to die right now.

Someone needs to sit his goofy ass down and have a man talk. I am thinking about our playoff rotation. And I was wondering how quickly could you get warm in the middle innings if we need you in the playoffs. Oh, you thought you were starting. Well I took a look at your stuff and I am impressed. Then I look at the box score and then resist the urge to be stupid.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 03:12 AM)
Someone needs to sit his goofy ass down and have a man talk. I am thinking about our playoff rotation. And I was wondering how quickly could you get warm in the middle innings if we need you in the playoffs. Oh, you thought you were starting. Well I took a look at your stuff and I am impressed. Then I look at the box score and then resist the urge to be stupid.

His stuff is so overrated.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 03:14 AM)
No it's not he just can not make a big pitch in a crucial situation he always gets burned.

What plus-plus pitches does he have now? If you listen to people on this board and in the organzation, you would think he has an arm like Josh Beckett.

Edited by fathom

His stuff isn't overrated. He has electric stuff. He's just a mental midget. Honestly, he could have given up around 13 runs tonight, but he keeps striking guys out with 2 outs to end a chance for a huge inning. He's only good when he pitches pissed. When he pitches relaxed, he blows.