Carmines vs. Sox 7:11 CT CSN

ChWRoCk2

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
Well, a 4-0 lead, you shouldn't assume that you should treat your starter like Leyland leaving his franchise ace Verlander out there for 130 pitches.

Next, Ozzie will be second-guessed for not bringing Jenks in here, instead using Carrasco in a position he's not too familiar with.

lol, what a bogus statement. I said it before, and I'll say it again, pitch count is the biggest load of garbage used to determine if the pitcher is over-used or tired.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
Just brutal managing....nothing like using your 2nd best reliever for one batter.

You want Thornton to face a right-handed Youkilis?

Well...obviously Carrasco doesn't belong anywhere but in mop-up or before the 7th inning.

But I don't trust Thornton there either, not against a RH batter.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
Dotel is the 2008 version of 2005 Marte ... when that guy would come in you wouldn't breath for 45 minutes. And here we go...a game in total control pissed away by our trillion dollar bullpen. When is Linebrink back?

At least a month more. Apparently, the day after he started tossing, everything tightened up again. I wouldn't be suprised if we don't get the Linebrink we had all year. Carrasco is absolutely the wrong player to have in there.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
lol, what a bogus statement. I said it before, and I'll say it again, pitch count is the biggest load of garbage used to determine if the pitcher is over-used or tired.

Tell that to Wood, Prior, Hudson, Zito and Mulder.

If Dotel can't hold a 4-0 lead, then we don't deserve to win. Simple. He gave Buehrle a chance to start the 8th and get Varitek. You put their worst hitter on base twice in the game...it's hard to argue with that decision, with 110 pitches already.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)

Well...obviously Carrasco doesn't belong anywhere but in mop-up or before the 7th inning.

Carrasco has been huge for us while the rest of the pen has been struggling.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)

Really. Makes you wonder how pitchers used to throw 150 pitches and still get a full career in under their belt. Personally, I hate relief pitchers...they are a necessary evil in modern day baseball, but with a few exceptions they are basically failed starting pitchers.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 08:02 PM)
At least a month more. Apparently, the day after he started tossing, everything tightened up again. I wouldn't be suprised if we don't get the Linebrink we had all year.

That is how I am looking at it. If we get Linebrink back this year, great, but going about it like we won't.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 03:01 AM)

Honestly, I thought Thornton should have been facing Drew