ChWRoCk2

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
puh-lease.... You can stretch you guys a little bit...especially the way Mark threw tonight. 110 isn't that bad. Don't be so dramatic.

If he gets Varitek, sure, keep him in against Crisp.

In the way that modern baseball is played, however, and considering what we're paying Dotel...if he can't hold that lead or get out of that inning, I'm not sure how that is on Ozzie Guillen.

Thornton is a little like Thome...something happens to him when the game's really on the line, and I just don't trust him against Youkilis in that situation. I guess it worked out doing it Ozzie's way after all.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
If he gets Varitek, sure, keep him in against Crisp.

In the way that modern baseball is played, however, and considering what we're paying Dotel...if he can't hold that lead or get out of that inning, I'm not sure how that is on Ozzie Guillen.

Thornton is a little like Thome...something happens to him when the game's really on the line, and I just don't trust him against Youkilis in that situation. I guess it worked out doing it Ozzie's way after all.

So you're basing who we bring in on what they're being paid?......

All I'm saying is Mark was throwing a shutout....even at 110 pitches he could have been stretched for a few more. It wouldn't have killed him. Like you said though...it all worked out. HUGE WIN!!!!!!