Carmines vs. Sox 7:11 CT CSN

ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)
You want Thornton to face a right-handed Youkilis?

Well...obviously Carrasco doesn't belong anywhere but in mop-up or before the 7th inning.

But I don't trust Thornton there either, not against a RH batter.

BS! Thornton is much more then a LOOGY and doesn't fit the description of a LOOGY at all. This is like saying Billy Wagner should have only closed games if lefty batters were up.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
Well, a 4-0 lead, you shouldn't assume that you should treat your starter like Leyland leaving his franchise ace Verlander out there for 130 pitches.

Next, Ozzie will be second-guessed for not bringing Jenks in here, instead using Carrasco in a position he's not too familiar with.

puh-lease.... You can stretch you guys a little bit...especially the way Mark threw tonight. 110 isn't that bad. Don't be so dramatic.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
Tell that to Wood, Prior, Hudson, Zito and Mulder.

If Dotel can't hold a 4-0 lead, then we don't deserve to win. Simple. He gave Buehrle a chance to start the 8th and get Varitek. You put their worst hitter on base twice in the game...it's hard to argue with that decision, with 110 pitches already.

Wood throws across his body, and whenever someone throws accross their body as hard as he does, injuries are inevitable. Prior's injuries are a combination of bad luck and him getting off the juice, IMO, as his injuries haven't been one specific spot. Zito and Mulder faded away, but what can you expect, that happens to some pitchers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
Rumor today is that he won't return this month.

I haven't liked the vague sound of the Linebrink thing since it started -- his pollyanna stuff about taking it slow and talk about accupuncture and whatever. I'm going to be just a tad surprised if he's back -- and remotely effective -- before this year is out.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
Wood throws across his body, and whenever someone throws accross their body as hard as he does, injuries are inevitable. Prior's injuries are a combination of bad luck and him getting off the juice, IMO, as his injuries haven't been one specific spot. Zito and Mulder faded away, but what can you expect, that happens to some pitchers.

Also keep in mind, power pitchers fade away quicker. Buehrle is more of a finesse guy. He should be able to last longer, especially when he's cruising. Now if it's a guy like Javy, he would have trouble. Prior is bad luck and getting off the juice I agree. Anyone who thinks it was his mechanics is an idiot IMO. He had some of the cleanest mechanics ever.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)
Also keep in mind, power pitchers fade away quicker. Buehrle is more of a finesse guy. He should be able to last longer, especially when he's cruising. Now if it's a guy like Javy, he would have trouble. Prior is bad luck and getting off the juice I agree. Anyone who thinks it was his mechanics is an idiot IMO. He had some of the cleanest mechanics ever.

Not all power pitchers fade away. It depends a lot on the pitcher. Randy Johnson was power until he was around 40. Nolan Ryan might still be able to top 90 for all I know.