The Happiest Man on Earth

Gregory Pratt

This is my latest article, "The Happiest Man on Earth," a profile of a Cubs fan who invited me to watch the minor league game at Wrigley Field with him last Tuesday. To quote my editor, I have "unearthed a Cubs fan who gives all of Cub Nation a bad reputation." Rat Arnab is quite the character, and I think you will enjoy reading about him and the game as much as I enjoyed writing about them.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
This is my latest article, "The Happiest Man on Earth," a profile of a Cubs fan who invited me to watch the minor league game at Wrigley Field with him last Tuesday. To quote my editor, I have "unearthed a Cubs fan who gives all of Cub Nation a bad reputation." Rat Arnab is quite the character, and I think you will enjoy reading about him and the game as much as I enjoyed writing about them.

Now, I won't say his name (Rat Arnab is not his real name right) but does he go to UIC and admire Mariotti?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:17 PM)
I'm also guessing he is an NTHS grad, like you.

If this is who I think he is, then yes he did go to school with me and is probably the most biased fan in the world. He really refuses to listen to other's opinion about anything else.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 12:20 PM)
If this is who I think he is, then yes he did go to school with me and is probably the most biased fan in the world. He really refuses to listen to other's opinion about anything else.

Doesn't that come through? :P

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 11:57 AM)

tell your editor those aren't all that hard to find

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
Doesn't that come through? :P

I just read this and can not believe this guy is for real. He seems like a characature of a characature. I don't care for the general baseball demeanor of typical Cubs fans but this guy is beyond stereotypical Cub-Sox jabber. He sounds like an all-around repulsive person, Cubs fan notwithstanding. Am I being too harsh in my assessment?