50 FAVORITE WHITE SOX PLAYERS

knightni

44. Herbert Perry

03b9_1.JPG

(4 of 27 lists - 49 points - highest ranking #1 Milkman delivers)

bio by wikipedia, knightni and Milkman delivers -

He was arguably the clutchest player in 2000, and one of the few players that didn't disappear in the short playoff stint. That he was an unknown player throughout the league when we got him, and how he was hardly noticed when we acquired him. He he actually owned a dairy farm, and has arguably the best nickname in the history of professional sports, or at least the White Sox.

This nickname seemed to have a duplicitous meaning during his years for the White Sox, because many fans thought he had the nickname "Milkman" due to the fact that he always "delivered" in a clutch situation. Currently residing in the small town of Mayo, Florida he now coaches the Lafayette County baseball team, the Lafayette Hornets.

He was a good third baseman on the 2000 AL Central Champs team and was the final bridge between the Robin Ventura and Joe Crede eras.

Please feel free to comment with any more info and favorite stories about this player or any other in this list.

I would love to make a long post here, but I'm literally walking out the door in 5 minutes. I'll be gone for the weekend, but I'll definitely be bumping this thread when I return. I will also expound on the biography.

Who are the other three that voted for him? I am actually surprised it was only four total.