And that's a White Sox Winner!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
I was just going through some of the stats. Carlos Quentin is literally god-like in close games. Before tonight, Close and late, 1.160 OPS. Innings 7-9 in general, 1.100. Eat your heart out Ortiz.

Those are MVP type numbers.

hamilton isn't that good in close/late situations, and he'll still get MVP because of popularity (when comparing him to quentin, I mean)

bleh

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
I was just going through some of the stats. Carlos Quentin is literally god-like in close games. Before tonight, Close and late, 1.160 OPS. Innings 7-9 in general, 1.100. Eat your heart out Ortiz.

If the Sox make the playoffs, I think that he has it. He's surpassed Hamilton in HRs, OBP, and SLG.

Good God, our 'pen has been awful. When is Linebrink scheduled to return?

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
hamilton isn't that good in close/late situations, and he'll still get MVP because of popularity (when comparing him to quentin, I mean)

bleh

The Hamilton press has really died down since the All Star break. Must not be as hot. If Q stays at his pace and we make the playoffs, Q is the MVP.

Quentin has indeed passed Hamilton, but there are still almost 2 months left and Hamilton can get white hot again like earlier in the season. He's hit the dog days of summer, he'll come out of it...I hope Carlos gets it of course, but JH would be a nice story...just so it doesn't go to a Yankee or Red Sox.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
If the Sox make the playoffs, I think that he has it. He's surpassed Hamilton in HRs, OBP, and SLG.

Good God, our 'pen has been awful. When is Linebrink scheduled to return?

Thought I read not before the end of the month somewhere.

Glad for the W. I'm happy Uribe is making the best of a rotten 3rd base situation and helping us win. I really hope something positive happens to our bullpen be it via pickup, internal promotion, or lephrachaun.

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
It seems like he's been stuck on 108 RBIs forever.

I think Dye will siphon off some of his votes...but it could/should be close. I think Hamilton still is the sentimental favorite. You know the Rookie 2 movie is already in the pipeline at Walt Disney Studios.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)

There will be a thread by a poster here soon talking about the MVP race and how close it would come especially with the 1st place teams. (or second/third if close in the hunt)

IMO, not even looking at stats, I would say it's a Quentin, Hamilton, A-Rod, Morneau race (I think Youk is having a damn good season too) and I'm sure someone here will probably compare each player.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
There will be a thread by a poster here soon talking about the MVP race and how close it would come especially with the 1st place teams. (or second/third if close in the hunt)

IMO, not even looking at stats, I would say it's a Quentin, Hamilton, A-Rod, Morneau race (I think Youk is having a damn good season too) and I'm sure someone here will probably compare each player.

A-Rod has only 68 RBI's. With Joba out, I don't think there's any way that the Yankees can make it to the playoffs.

Then again, stranger things have happened. I do HOPE A-Rod has a good series in the HHH Dome next week. That's about the only time I will root for the Yankees over another team.

Mark was fantastic and the pen held down when it finally needed to. Still, I'm going to be really happy when this rotation can start putting up consistent 7 inning outings (Buerhle did his job tonight) so that the pen can get rested. Right now its pitching on E. Linebrink coming back should be a big boost (hopefully he'll be healthy and effective when he comes back).

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 09:51 PM)
Great win. I heard Mark was great, and I heard Q's HR on the way home from work. Sucks KC couldn't help us out but we need to keep on winning. Need a big one out of Jose tomorrow!

Teahen could have tied the game with runners on 2nd and 3rd against Reyes, but struck out.

It seems to be over now, if it wasn't already...two Twins runners on, no outs in the top of the 9th, and Nathan looming.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 8, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
that was good, I got confused when they said sox a couple times in there post cuz i was thinking our sox ha ... anyways they drop f bombs like none other on that hah

it's probably frustrating when you ditch your own team for a bandwagon club like the Red Sox, then watch them choke away the division :lolhitting