Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 12:59 AM)
Sean Gallagher going up against Kevin Slowey. Neither pitcher has faced the opposing team. Perhaps the A's can give us a hand and take the series while the Sox take care of business at home.

Slowey's been throwing the s*** out of the ball. I'd be surprised if he gave up more than 2 runs.

If there were ever two games to bet against the White Sox and for the Twins, these would be it.

Which means the Twins will probably be crushed, and Richard will only give up 2 runs in 7 IP and Dotel will strike out the side in a 3-2 pitcher's battle doing to the Sox. One can hope. At least we know, worst-case scenario, that Minnesota could only be ahead by one game when they go on their long road trip for two weeks. Heck, by that time, I think a clear favorite will have emerged for POTUS.

I gotta say...I'm worried about the Twins bullpen. I think they have been glossed over on the National Media's coverage of the Twins. Guerrier is burnt out, Crain can't throw strikes, Boof is not a bullpen guy. Bass sucks, Reyes is a LOOGY and cant get a righty out and Breslow is mediocre (I never worry about Nathan)

I havent looked up the numbers, but I think people will be shocked at how awful the bullpen has been.

Who would have predicted that a rotation of Blackburn, Perkins, and Slowey would carry Minnesota to this point of the season? To think that perhaps Liriano would be in the bullpen if the Twins were to make the playoffs is kind of scary and says a lot about the ballclub.

This season has been nothing short of surprising.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)
MLBtv doing the scoreboard feed from Metrodome synced up with radio feed. I hate when they do this.

FSN North rarely broadcasts afternoon weekday games. It pisses me off to no end. Its not like Twins fans are tuning out of the games the last few years. (If I remember right, the last time the White Sox and Twins played, FSN had its highest rating ever scoring over a 10.0)

Its off to the West Coast to play the Angels for 4. Weird thing about LAA is that they play a night game AT Tampa, then fly back home to play the Twins tommorrow. the Schedulers were not kind to LAA there

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
FSN North rarely broadcasts afternoon weekday games. It pisses me off to no end. Its not like Twins fans are tuning out of the games the last few years. (If I remember right, the last time the White Sox and Twins played, FSN had its highest rating ever scoring over a 10.0)

Its off to the West Coast to play the Angels for 4. Weird thing about LAA is that they play a night game AT Tampa, then fly back home to play the Twins tommorrow. the Schedulers were not kind to LAA there

I actually don't feel bad for LA cuz they do that to other teams. Not schedule afternoon games at Anahiem for the last game of a series when the other team needs to fly out.