Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Torii Hunter, since he hurt his ankle a couple of seasons ago, is just an average at best defensive CFer now

2) The Angels aren't that good...in fact, it's almost like they have White Sox-itis, with the boppers now in the middle of the line-up, they've forgotten how to execute and manufacture runs....their pitching is saving them this season, but I think they will go down in the first round of the playoffs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 11:24 PM)
Ugh, awful start to the road trip from the Sox standpoint.

Yeah, we really need the Angels to take 3 of 4 because we'll be lucky if the Mariners can get 1 of 3, and hopefully the A's can get 1 of 4, then hope for the Blue Jays to get 2 of 3.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 06:25 AM)
1) Torii Hunter, since he hurt his ankle a couple of seasons ago, is just an average at best defensive CFer now

2) The Angels aren't that good...in fact, it's almost like they have White Sox-itis, with the boppers now in the middle of the line-up, they've forgotten how to execute and manufacture runs....their pitching is saving them this season, but I think they will go down in the first round of the playoffs.

Whenever I say I'm worried the Cubs will win the World Series, I always get the response "not if they have to go through the Angels". There's no way this Angels team would be able to outslug the Cubs. Gage...you might know this. Do the Angels allow their minor leaguers to use aluminum bats? Guys like Rodriguez and Wood put up huge minor league numbers, and when they get called up, they look like pitchers at the plate.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 06:26 AM)
Yeah, we really need the Angels to take 3 of 4 because we'll be lucky if the Mariners can get 1 of 3, and hopefully the A's can get 1 of 4, then hope for the Blue Jays to get 2 of 3.

With Duchsherer and Gallagher out, I don't even want to think about who the A's will start. Also, how's it looking for the Twins getting Halladay?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 11:28 PM)
Whenever I say I'm worried the Cubs will win the World Series, I always get the response "not if they have to go through the Angels". There's no way this Angels team would be able to outslug the Cubs. Gage...you might know this. Do the Angels allow their minor leaguers to use aluminum bats? Guys like Rodriguez and Wood put up huge minor league numbers, and when they get called up, they look like pitchers at the plate.

McPherson, Kotchman and Morales also put up huge numbers in the minors. Seems like Kendrick and Aybar are doing fine though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 12:28 AM)
With Duchsherer and Gallagher out, I don't even want to think about who the A's will start. Also, how's it looking for the Twins getting Halladay?

If the Jays do not skip anyone in the rotation with an off day, I think he's scheduled to pitch the first game. It doesn't look like Burnett will pitch against them.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 01:03 AM)
Of course, Torii Hunter completely misplays a ball to give Minnesota the victory.

Ironic.

There's a gift...if they can get Span out, they should be able to get Casilla, as his hand is still bothering him.

This scenario reminds me of what led to this all-time soxtalk classic post...

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry332285

Ah...memories of the irreplaceable Kelly Dransfeldt.

It was kind of funny...it was almost like the Twins' radio announcers were shocked Hunter didn't make the play. Not only that he jumped when he didn't need to, but that he totally misjudged where the wall was.

Of course, if it happened against the Sox, he would jump up to about 11" and rob a home run from Carlos Lee or run over a helpless Jamie Burke. Well, at least we owned the Angels in 2005, if nothing else.

This Twins' team is getting annoying...Mauer/Morneau don't do anything and Nick Punto beats them almost singlehandedly with his bat. Their bullpen didn't even cave in as expected. If Gallagher gets the bunt down like he's supposed to, I think the Angels win. Oh, well.