Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
I'd love to get Beltre.

Your and wite's love of Beltre has become quite disturbing.I mean the mention of his name anywhere on the board and you guys start humping your keyboard.He isnt that great.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
Your and wite's love of Beltre has become quite disturbing.I mean the mention of his name anywhere on the board and you guys start humping your keyboard.He isnt that great.

Better'n Uribe and a Joe Crede with a back held together by duct tape.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
In terms of BA, HR, RBI, and defense, he is like Crede when Crede didn't make errors.

And Beltre has a huge advantage in durability and speed. He's also a much better hitter to all fields than Crede and is a year younger than Joe. One more thing about Beltre: his OPS away from Safeco over the past 3 years is around .825, get him out of that pitcher's paradise and into the Cell and he becomes an even more productive offensive player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)
Circle Me Bert sounds very deflated.

bert blylevan should be happy his games arent broadcast nationally, or else (from a national standpoint) people would hate him more than they hate hawk....not only is he an enormous homer, hes a dickhead and a poor announcer IMO

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
bert blylevan should be happy his games arent broadcast nationally, or else (from a national standpoint) people would hate him more than they hate hawk....not only is he an enormous homer, hes a dickhead and a poor announcer IMO

The difference between him and Hawk is that Bert isnt the pbp guy and doesn't carry or try to carry the broadcast. Hawk just rambles on about things not related to the game at hand and dominates the broadcast with crap.

I never had a problem with Bert's announcing.