Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 10:19 AM)
Well, at least the Twins have 3 games AT Cleveland and not at home, if that's any small comfort?

With Sabathia, they're not quite as scary. Of course, you don't ever want to face Lee or Carmona when they're dealing.

I just don't see any realistic way they can get back in it from where they're at without CC and Byrd in the rotation...not to mention they dealt Blake, too.

I dont think anyone is saying that Cleveland is going to make a run. They are going to be spoilers if anything

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose stranger things have happened. You're right, there's not much of a difference between 11.5 and 9 games back.

However, the composition (especially rotation-wise) and the depth of the offensive production are very different compared to 2005. I will say this, if I was an Indians' fan, it would drive me nuts to keep coming up short when arguably they had the teams to make the playoffs in 2005, 2006 and now this season.

How nervous do you think Shapiro is that the Indians will get even closer and it will start getting argued that they would have made the playoffs based on CC Sabathia's Milwaukee results, along with having Byrd and Blake on the team?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
I suppose stranger things have happened. You're right, there's not much of a difference between 11.5 and 9 games back.

However, the composition (especially rotation-wise) and the depth of the offensive production are very different compared to 2005. I will say this, if I was an Indians' fan, it would drive me nuts to keep coming up short when arguably they had the teams to make the playoffs in 2005, 2006 and now this season.

How nervous do you think Shapiro is that the Indians will get even closer and it will start getting argued that they would have made the playoffs based on CC Sabathia's Milwaukee results, along with having Byrd and Blake on the team?

Why would you think they have the team to do it this season? They have been flat out awful for most of the year

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 03:53 PM)
Who the f*** is Ryan Feierabend???

Left Handed pitcher who has already pitched once against the twins this season and loss, I believe

he has decent potential

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
What the M's have done this series has been MORE than ideal. I couldn't even imagine a sweep of the Twins.

Yeah, it's just too bad Morrow's in the minors. Green's been horrible over the last few months.

He won the game out there last time by taking a home run away with a leaping catch of a Beltre blast to RF that would have been a go-ahead homer.

Now he's shifted the momentum again (both times after two losses by the Twins) and I think the Twins will go on to win this game now.

That guy is so much better that Cuddyer defensively, it's incredible. Well, at least the line-up is turned over and Ichiro will leadoff against Nathan to start the bottom of the 9th.

Wish the Mariners wouldn't have used Green in the 8th. He has been HORRIBLE/TERRIBLE/Boone Logan-esque the 2nd half this season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 04:51 PM)
Pinch runner thrown out at home by Span to end the inning....still 6-5 twins going into the 9th

Span is doing everything for them!

Ironic, the PR was former White Sox infielder Tim Hulett's son Tug who was thrown out at the plate.

Unfortunately, it wasn't Rodney McCray or Usain Bolt's son that was running for the M's.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
game over, 6-5. That was a bad 3-0 pitch for Ibanez to be swinging at, low and away.

I was really hoping Beltre would get another chance to hit a walk-off homer, for the second consecutive day.

Ibanez is now 0 for 6 lifetime against Nathan, but I suppose it was a good chance that he might hit another homer...but he should have laid off of the pitch if it wasn't in his wheelhouse.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
That guy is so much better that Cuddyer defensively, it's incredible. Well, at least the line-up is turned over and Ichiro will leadoff against Nathan to start the bottom of the 9th.

I agree with you. Although, Cuddyer has a better arm. but he is a slug speed-wise and doesnt get as good as break on the balls in the gaps. Span's natural position is CF, so I would guess that is why he gets really good reads on balls. And he is a quick learner. Gardy loves that kind of stuff

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)
I was really hoping Beltre would get another chance to hit a walk-off homer, for the second consecutive day.

Ibanez is now 0 for 6 lifetime against Nathan, but I suppose it was a good chance that he might hit another homer...but he should have laid off of the pitch if it wasn't in his wheelhouse.

Yeah I agree with giving him the green light to swing too, but it was a pitchers pitch. I watch Nathan pitch a lot and he seems to throw more balls at times instead of strikes, but he gets people to chase them.