Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW.

I swear every time the Twins need runs the bottom of the order seems to get on in front of Mauer and Morneau, the only two guys who can really hurt you in the lineup. They did it again and for the first time I've ever seen...both failed.

Scary, too. Justin Morneau was 6 for 10(!!!) against Rodney with 2 HRs coming into that at bat.

WOW.

we take that one.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 11:14 PM)
Every home loss kills the Twins odds. I know a loss is a loss, but they have such an advantage at home. Nice to see the Tigers get one there. Hopefully they can take 2, because KC will probably get swept there.

Unfortunately, they miss Greinke and Meche.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 12:17 AM)
Even with those two going, a sweep still had to be expected.

RME is correct, and we talked about it last night. Home losses for the Twins are so big at this point. Point blank, neither team can afford losses at home at this point, but it's nice having the 1.5 game lead, and 1 more home game at home than the Twins.

Yep, the goal is to get to their 4 game series at Tampa with the Sox in the lead.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
Yep, the goal is to get to their 4 game series at Tampa with the Sox in the lead.

With the way Tampa Bay has been playing, I'm kind of worried about that series. But if Tampa Bay drastically falls off, maybe we can surpass them.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
Bannister looks like a Twins killer but I don't trust Davies for anything and 9/11 has Liriano vs. Duckworth.

the key to beating the Twins anymore is just getting to the bullpen...their bullpen over the past month and a half has been just terrible.

I expect the Twins to sweep too, but if it's close and the Twins have to go to their pen even in the 7th, the game is just getting started.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 05:25 PM)
Barring a rotation switch up, we miss Liriano.

Kind of looks that way. Tomorrow is one of only two days off the Twins have before the Sox series (also helps the Sox a bit) and they won't have a change to move their rotation around enough to get him in there. Right now, he's scheduled to pitch the last game of the Tampa Bay series, so I guess they could have him pitch on three days' rest for the third game of the series, replacing Slowey...but Slowey's been too good against the Sox - why skip Slowey for Liriano?

If I were them, I'd skip Blackburn in the rotation right now so it would set up for the Sox series so that it was Perkins / Slowey / Liriano. They'd both be pitching on full (4) days' rest with the help of the day off before the White Sox series.

But they'd have to do it now, unless you wanted to skip Slowey / Liriano somewhere in between. I don't think they'd want to do that.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
1st and 2nd nobody out for the Twins in the bottom of the 2nd.

The Sox would DP / weak fly ball their way out of the inning...

The Twins will probably put 4 up and put the game away.

Suprise! twins only get one, and gomez helps kill the rally by getting picked off first with one out....2-1 twins after 2