Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to look at home field advantage stands, then just about every team in the AL has an above average record at home with the exception of KC, Cleveland, and Seattle.

Funny how a friendly audience can do a team some good.

More like a lack of uppers in the coffee pot on the road.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
More like a lack of uppers in the coffee pot on the road.

Exactly right. Nobody talks about it, but the amphetamine/"greenie" ban is probably the main reason home teams are winning so often these days.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
Exactly right. Nobody talks about it, but the amphetamine/"greenie" ban is probably the main reason home teams are winning so often these days.

absolutely

Punto with a leadoff single off of KRod. Any votes KRod gets for Cy Young are misplaced, as he's one of the most overrated relievers in baseball.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
2 down and I hope Francisco Rodriguez's arm literally falls off.

The interesting thing is I read somewhere that K-Rod is actually getting LESS work this season than he has been in the past, despite the incredible frequency rate at which he is saving games.

Span called out on what should have been ball 4. But we'll take it, save #50 for K-Rod and more importantly, welcome back to first place boys.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:03 PM)
2 down and I hope Francisco Rodriguez's arm literally falls off.

dammit, it stayed on

Angels win, Span got tossed after the game ended because the final strike was a ball but KRod got the call anyways. And then he did his dance. I still hope his arm falls off.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 06:25 PM)
I just want to say...once again, the White Sox win at the Cell late in the game.

Nice to have the umps help steal the division lead away

the Twins bullpen didnt help either. So half game to the umps, and half game to fatboy Reyere and Crainwreck

Well we were beat by the umpires on opening day, so this game today realistically evened things out. Nothing is more frusterating than losing a lead and eventually the game in the 8th inning when you have a great closer though, we just had that happen to us yesterday as I'm sure you know.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 06:25 PM)
I just want to say...once again, the White Sox win at the Cell late in the game.

Nice to have the umps help steal the division lead away

the Twins bullpen didnt help either. So half game to the umps, and half game to fatboy Reyere and Crainwreck

Jim I've never seen you that upset before, but you do have reasoning for it.

As for the picture, MINNESTOA is pretty funny.

Im over it... it just sucks to lose when your best pitcher is in the bullpen and second and third string player are facing thier best hitters

but today is a new day, my team is still in it and the brand of baseball both the Twins and Sox and playing is sure exciting, yet completely different

Edited by Benchwarmerjim