Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
SOLID!!

It techincally would count as a sweep for us since the first game was an "April game", so let's HOPE for some double broom action tomorrow.

it definitely would be a sweep if we win tomorrow

did that suspended game loss cost us a series or did we still win that one?

Thanks Angels for cooling off Minnie and you M's for winning close games.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Twins went to s***? It could happen, look at the Indians on the opposite end of the spectrum. They've won nine in row. Maybe Minnie will lose many in a row. I can hope.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 12:57 AM)

Wouldn't it be nice if the Twins went to s***? It could happen, look at the Indians on the opposite end of the spectrum. They've won nine in row. Maybe Minnie will lose many in a row. I can hope.

Unfortunately we have 6 more games with them. They're getting hot at the wrong time for us.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:57 PM)

Cleveland also has a very easy schedule until September 15th. They have 7 against KC, 4 against BAL, and 3 against SEA during that span. The only team with a winning record that they play is us for 3. They may be a lot closer in the division around the 15th.

Edited by RME JICO

Saw where Roberts, Mora and Huff all cleared waivers.

I guess it would have been hard to take on Roberts this year (we would have had to give up Poreda for sure, and more), because then you have to move Ramirez to SS or DH Roberts and take Thome out of the line-up.

However, he would be nice to have NEXT year. But it would be a tremendously expensive (like the Swisher deal) trade for the White Sox in terms of future talent.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)
Cleveland also has a very easy schedule until September 15th. They have 7 against KC, 4 against BAL, and 3 against SEA during that span. The only team with a winning record that they play is us for 3. They may be a lot closer in the division around the 15th.

Well, at least the Twins have 3 games AT Cleveland and not at home, if that's any small comfort?

With Sabathia, they're not quite as scary. Of course, you don't ever want to face Lee or Carmona when they're dealing.

I just don't see any realistic way they can get back in it from where they're at without CC and Byrd in the rotation...not to mention they dealt Blake, too.

Edited by caulfield12