Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll worry about the Tribe when our series is through with them. That will be the story of their season. We thought we buried them once, but like Michael Myers, they are back to life and we will have to bury them again.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 10:13 PM)
I'll worry about the Tribe when our series is through with them. That will be the story of their season. We thought we buried them once, but like Michael Myers, they are back to life and we will have to bury them again.

We're going to see Lee for sure, and I'm pretty sure we'll see Carmona, also.

1-1, Morneau sac fly.

2-1 A's. They had a lead-off double and Cust and Frank couldn't get him in. I thought it was over until Barton got him in with a single. Blackburn out, Reyes in.

2-2, Punto singles Young in.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 10:27 PM)
We're going to see Lee for sure, and I'm pretty sure we'll see Carmona, also.

1-1, Morneau sac fly.

2-1 A's. They had a lead-off double and Cust and Frank couldn't get him in. I thought it was over until Barton got him in with a single. Blackburn out, Reyes in.

2-2, Punto singles Young in.

Yeah we have a lot going against us when we face the Tribe this time around................Does it seem that everyone of MN's games are coming down to the last inning this past week, win or lose???

How fast is Sweeney?

If he is, steal 2nd.

Sweeney to 2nd on a Barton sac-bunt. Hannahan and Bowen up here- hopefully Emil Brown for Hannahan...

Brown walks, so it's 1st and 2nd with 1 out for Suzuki who is going to hit for Bowen (thank God).

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
Ick. The A's broadcast bringing back bad memories of Kurt Suzuki heroics.

Then end it here, Kurt, so next time your mentioned with heroics it's not against the SS'ers.

BALLGAME :cheers :headbang

Edited by whitesoxbrian

Slowey, Liriano and Baker, arguably their three best pitchers, are all lined up for the rest of the series, so I wouldn't be shocked if they were able to win all three.

Still, we were hoping they would go under .500 on the road trip, and they're currently at 3-5.

Does anyone know whether Burnett or Halladay will get them next week?

I think for them to finish 4-2 and end up at 7-7 wouldn't surprise anyone...perhaps the best we could expect. But they're going to have to work now to get it done, and things certainly look better for the Sox than they did after the first two Angels games.

Crain is about to officially enter the Twins' doghouse for the rest of the season. That leaves Guardado, Guerrier, Reyes and Breslow to get outs...it's nice to have three lefties in the pen, but they don't have a reliable RH reliever, just like the Sox right now.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
Last I checked Halladay should be starting, but not Burnett, maybe it's changed though.

Kurt Suzuki is now even with us in my book.

Looks like Burnett is pitching Friday vs. NYY, Halladay on Sunday, so looks like the Twins get Burnett in game 3, but get to miss Halladay...

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 06:37 PM)
Something like this happens almost every year. An underacheiving team that has nothing to play for anymore plays loose, and rattles off some meaningless W's at the end of the year. They will play spoiler to a few teams, but thats about it.

the fact that they will likely be at or over .500 next week when the sox roll in is an eye-opener, IMO, considering where they were. worst case scenario for us is that they sweep and are only 5-6 games out of first with three 1/2 weeks to go. Still a huge challenge, but not out of the realm of possibility.