Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
So for everyone saying the Sox just aren't a playoff team, and don't deserve it, do the Twins????

I'm not one who goes out there and say that the Sox don't deserve it. Realistically, either the Sox or Twins will win this division with around 91-94 wins. That will be a deserved team IMO. I think as Sox fans we are just frustrated because we feel we should have at least 6 or 7 more wins this season and it could very well be those games that keep us out of the playoffs.

I think as Sox fans we are just frustrated because we feel we should have at least 6 or 7 more wins this season and it could very well be those games that keep us out of the playoffs.

I would agree with that take. Completely.

Thanks Toronto! Just lose to us when we play you next, please.

The most positive thing about this(for us, not for benchwarmerjim obviously) is that the Twins bullpen is getting knocked around bigtime. Nathan is blowing saves, Crain is not bulletproof, Reyes isnt as effective as a LOOGY. They can be lockdown when they are all on, but they arent on right now

Barring cheating or something like that, I always believe a team that wins a division has "earned" it. Not a team can win a game with a blown call, and potentially not have "earned it" but after 162 games you notched more wins, you earned it. Even if the other team lost it, and you were not the classic champion that won it.