Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
I want a 4 game lead going into the HumpDome. A sweep of the Tigers and Royals and 3 of 4 from the Yankees would be nice going in...how about a little 9 of 10 stretch from here for the Sox?

The fact that the Twins have a 4 game series @ Tampa Bay right before our 3 game series is HUGE, IMO.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
The fact that the Twins have a 4 game series @ Tampa Bay right before our 3 game series is HUGE, IMO.

They will face Shields, Jackson, Kazmir and Sonnanstine...that's tough. Kazmir matches up extremely well against them. The Twins will have to scratch and claw for 2 wins in that series.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
By the way, how ridiculous is it that Joe Mauer is hitting .365 at home for the season?

After seeing a game up there this July, I can tell you it's not ridiculous at all. Mauer, as we all know, loves going to left center field and that area of the Metrodome is HUGE. It's great that the Twins lost today (getting back on topic), we REALLY need to get a win tonight.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
I did not know that the Rays just took two huge last at-bat wins from Boston in Boston.

Yeah, they beat Pappelbon (sp?) on Tuesday and after taking a 4-1 lead in, I believe, the top of the 14th last night Percival loads the bases in the bottom with no out and they still won 4-2

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 12, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
fyi: Twins-O's rained out tonight. A doublehead will start Saturday. 4:05pm central is Game 1, Game 2 will follow

You do understand that if the Sox blow this thing that you will be unwanted for a few days... :P

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Sep 12, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
I hope we can go on a winning streak while the Twins go on a losing streak.

Ummm, duh? Sorry to be so harsh here, but really, shouldnt you always hope for that when youre battling a team for the playoffs?