Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like Baltimore is going to show up today. 7-0 O's in the bottom of the 7th.

This Liz guy is looking like he did against the Sox, i.e., competent.

I thought Guthrie was going to start one of these games instead of Olson. Would have been nice.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)
Well, looks like Baltimore is going to show up today. 7-0 O's in the bottom of the 7th.

This Liz guy is looking like he did against the Sox, i.e., competent.

I thought Guthrie was going to start one of these games instead of Olson. Would have been nice.

He was scheduled to start today.

The lose to Liz sits a little easier right now.

It is bulls*** to talk about other teams showing up against the Sox and not agaisnt other teams. The Sox seem to shut down a-lot easier against other teams.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 04:16 PM)
It is bulls*** to talk about other teams showing up against the Sox and not agaisnt other teams. The Sox seem to shut down a-lot easier against other teams.

I didn't say the O's didnt show up against the Sox. But I do agree that the Sox are easier to shut down.

The Sox really luck out rotation wise vs. KC and Minnesota.

Liriano and Slowey are by far the hottest Minnesota pitchers since the ASB. The Sox miss them both.

The Sox miss Zach Greinke and Gil Meche and face Bannister, Davies and Duckworth (although Duckworth just beat the Twins).

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
I love how, with Lee going tomorrow, (given a win today) Cleveland might sweep Minnesota.

Ouch. Quite a jinx.

8-7 Indians, and the Twins have 2 on and 1 out in the top of the 7th. The Twins will never die. I hate those mother truckers, but they never die. Mike Myers-esque.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
NEVER count the Twins out until it's over.

No kidding. We're talking about a team that was suppose to come back to earth some time ago, but here we are in mid-September and they are still hanging around. They have truly earned the nickname "pirannahs."