Carmines vs. White Sox 6:05 CT WGN

ChWRoCk2

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
Any of you know if Griffey can pitch? Maybe put him in the pen

Uribe or Alexei Ramirez could definitely get more outs than Boo Logan now.

Heck, Jason Dellaero could probably get more outs...Cal Eldred as well.

Maybe Ray Searage, too.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:26 AM)
I think Ozzie decided with the bullpen's workload and the fact that he needs to conserve Thornton and Dotel for down the stretch...that he was willing to sacrifice this game to teach Boone Logan a lesson and end his White Sox career...I wouldn't be shocked if he never pitches for us again.

BTW, I forgot to say this, but thanks for posting more in these threads.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
BTW, I forgot to say this, but thanks for posting more in these threads.

Hey, I'm only in Thailand at 836 am Sunday morning, lol.

One thing I do really miss...seeing Ramirez play in person, or at least on WGN. I almost bought a Contreras jersey after the World Series in 05, I think I would spring for the $180 for an Alexei jersey, despite the fact that every time I've purchased a jersey, it has brought on the SI Cover Jinx seemingly.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:34 AM)
Hey, I'm only in Thailand at 836 am Sunday morning, lol.

One thing I do really miss...seeing Ramirez play in person, or at least on WGN. I almost bought a Contreras jersey after the World Series in 05, I think I would spring for the $180 for an Alexei jersey, despite the fact that every time I've purchased a jersey, it has brought on the SI Cover Jinx seemingly.

Ramirez is a very exciting player to watch. He has that Soriano effect where it seems like his bat stays in the zone an awfully long time and he hits the ball on the sweet spot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
So, anyone else worried they'll click on soxtalk and there will be a post saying the Sox traded Fields for Paul Byrd?

There isn't a chance in hell Fields would clear waivers. The only way a trade of Fields would work is if it is PTBNL deal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 07:36 PM)
Ramirez is a very exciting player to watch. He has that Soriano effect where it seems like his bat stays in the zone an awfully long time and he hits the ball on the sweet spot.

That's my next investment- the black authentic Ramirez.

Tanyon Sturtze alive still? Bring him back!

3 GIDP for AJ. :cheers

OK let's all simmer down here.

Ozzie did not give the game away to teach a guy a lesson. He went with Logan as he has to pitch the guys he has got and he trusted Logan for Drew and Ortiz over Russell. Bad move.

The fact is Dice K is dealing and the chances of the pen keping the Red Sox at 1 run were slight at best.

Dotel, Thorton and Jenks are fresh for the next two.

In the end Logan is on a bus, McDougal will be called up as he has the stuff moreso than the other options and they need to get one of the next two.

The offense was non-existant this evening and there was nothing Ozzie or anyone sitting in leftfield was going ot do about it.

AJ has accounted for 7 of the Sox 24 outs toniught. He has made Logan look good.

Our guys have had idiotic at bats tonight. The guy is wild as any pitcher in baseball but have guys swinging 1st and 2nd pitch early in the game and mixed with Aj sucking tonight, doesn't bode well.