Interesting Oz quotes after disappointing loss

greg775

Oz said in the AP story:

“We don’t deserve first place the way we’re playing. We’ll continue to fight and it’s going to be interesting. Now we’ve got to look up, there’s one team in front of us.”

(as much as Sox fans gripe on here, Oz gripes a lot himself. He realizes we're simply not playing good baseball. We do sometimes, but not often enough for a playoff contender)

Oz said when asked of Boone (He will not see a Sox big league uniform against this season) Logan:

"This a pennant race. I want men on the field. I keep telling (general manager Kenny Williams) we got what we need. But some people make me look bad, some people make me look disappointed, some people make me think about what we have. Some players should look themselves in the mirror and be embarrassed, and they should be better, that’s all I can say.”

(Boone for whatever reason has sucked big time of late; bye bye Boone see ya in spring training).

Oz said when asked what he said to Boone on the mound:

"I can’t say here, because I’m going to get in trouble."

(He reamed his ass).

And finally in the story it said:

White Sox OF Ken Griffey Jr. sat out Saturday’s game with general soreness.

(I love Griffey but his body must be that of an old ballplayer).

I know things always look grim after losses, but no matter what Oz says about "critics" he's pretty critical himself a lot of the time about the way his team has played.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 12:37 AM)
So do the entire KC Royals team. They are a disgrace. They fold vs. the Tigers and Twins at home and they'll kick our ass at least one of the games in the upcoming series, maybe 2. What a joke they are.

It isn't the Royals fault that our pitchers s*** the bed last weekend.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 12:37 AM)
So do the entire KC Royals team. They are a disgrace. They fold vs. the Tigers and Twins at home and they'll kick our ass at least one of the games in the upcoming series, maybe 2. What a joke they are.

You gotta win against the weak teams.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:03 AM)
Boone needs to be put out to pasture.

I had the misfortune of watching last night's game with a bunch of Red Sox fans. I had to point out how disgusted I was with Logan after he put on about 5 lefties when he is supposed to be a LOOGY. That's just disgraceful.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:37 AM)

Ha, what?! Are you assuming the Royals only play hard against us, and roll over for the Tigers and Twins? Put some blame on the team that's dropping games to such a crappy opponent.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 10:11 AM)
Ha, what?! Are you assuming the Royals only play hard against us, and roll over for the Tigers and Twins? Put some blame on the team that's dropping games to such a crappy opponent.

Exactly. And there is a chicken and egg thing happening here also. The Royals play with confidence against us, because they beat us way to often. They beat us way to often because they play with confidence against us.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 10:11 AM)

The Royals really are playing better than their talent dictates....Gordon, DeJesus and Jose Guillen are about the only really solid players on that team, although Butler can hit a fastball, Grudzielanek just kills us and so has Aviles (if he had about 100 more PA, he would be threatening for the batting title...not bad for a career minor leaguer without a position). Heck, even Esteban German has elevated his average about 50 points by playing against the White Sox this year.

Esteban German vs. MLB (20 for 107=.187)

Esteban German vs. Chicago White Sox (10 for 31=.323)

We might be the SOLE reason he's signed to a contract for next year, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

I'm saying they definitely play better against us than most other teams and get more fired up to play us.