Sawx @ Sox 8-10

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
They never play well against the Yankees and I don't see that changing. So if we can be tied with them going into the next series, I could see us picking up a game or two. Alexei for defensive MVP.

I thought the Yanks are great vs the Twins?

Great job by Gavin!

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
I thought the Yanks are great vs the Twins?

Great job by Gavin!

that's what he said, twins never beat the yankees

also, twins had runners at 1st and 3rd 0 outs, and didnt score

go royalssssssssssssss

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
Agree...but some will go to great lengths in not finding certain players culpable even if it means making up crap about Guillen. The bunt was the RIGHT CALL...at the very least we get 1 run, but Dye and Thome blew it...it happens.

No, we took the bat out of the hands of our best player by bunting. You wouldn't see the Cardinals doing that in front of Pujols.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:45 PM)
The Sox have the pefect hitter for the 2-spot, but no position for him in Getz.

I am not going to go overboard and call Getz a great 2-spot hitter when he's never had a ML at-bat. At the same time, if he can play good defense at 3B there is absolutely a position for him.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
They never play well against the Yankees and I don't see that changing. So if we can be tied with them going into the next series, I could see us picking up a game or two. Alexei for defensive MVP.

Sorry about the confusion maggs. I think they'll get Pettitte and Mussina.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
No, we took the bat out of the hands of our best player by bunting. You wouldn't see the Cardinals doing that in front of Pujols.

The guy hitting behind "our best hitter" is hitting for 14 percentage points higher and only has a few less homers. It's not like it was Uribe behind Quentin there. If they had chosen to load the bases by walking Quentin, Ill take my chances with JD everytime...he just got beat there. It happens, but the call was correct...find something else to bash Ozzie about, but this isnt one of those times.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)

After the Yankees (who are really struggling and aren't so good on turf), they have Seattle and Oakland at home. We know how good those last two teams have been playing recently!

The way things are going, I would be surprised/shocked if the Twins weren't 18 games over .500 within the week. We just need to stay 2-3 games behind and cross our fingers that the 14 game road trip (starting with four in LA against the Angels) really sets them back in a tailspin.

Floyd pitches over error. Is it me or do OC's errors piss you off just a little more than they should?

Nobody gets more upset over Orlando's errors than Orlando himself. He's not having a very good contract year which matters the most to him. Gotta squeeze as much money as possible out of LAA for next year and beyond.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
The guy hitting behind "our best hitter" is hitting for 14 percentage points higher and only has a few less homers. It's not like it was Uribe behind Quentin there. If they had chosen to load the bases by walking Quentin, Ill take my chances with JD everytime...he just got beat there. It happens, but the call was correct...find something else to bash Ozzie about, but this isnt one of those times.

Carlos Quentin is the best hitter in baseball since the ASB.....Dye was 3-30 coming into this game. You're right though, I'll take our chances with Dye up in those situations (not sarcasm).

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
I am not going to go overboard and call Getz a great 2-spot hitter when he's never had a ML at-bat. At the same time, if he can play good defense at 3B there is absolutely a position for him.

I am as big a Getz fan as anyone, but I don't see third in his future. At first I see utility role, then I do believe he has a career as a ML second baseman...great eye, handles the bat well, decent glove, a little pop, some speed. I still dont see CG at third however.

OM gosh second guessing is fun. Dye and Thome having good games and heart of the order with bags juiced and one out. It was the textbook correct call by Oz. the players were the ones who f***ed up. GO SOX!

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)

Well I am just giddy about Getz and clearly overhyping him a bit, but he would be a very good option, IMO. Walks, low K total, fast and fights every at-bat. I think at best he would be an average third baseman. Could probably field the position well, but does not have the arm.