Sawx @ Sox 8-10

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
Nobody gets more upset over Orlando's errors than Orlando himself. He's not having a very good contract year which matters the most to him. Gotta squeeze as much money as possible out of LAA for next year and beyond.

I still predict he'll sign with Giants.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
Carlos Quentin is the best hitter in baseball since the ASB.....Dye was 3-30 coming into this game. You're right though, I'll take our chances with Dye up in those situations (not sarcasm).

Fair enough.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
OM gosh second guessing is fun. Dye and Thome having good games and heart of the order with bags juiced and one out. It was the textbook correct call by Oz. the players were the ones who f***ed up. GO SOX!

Bunting prior to the 7th inning in the AL is just ignorant, in my humble opinion.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:47 PM)
I am not going to go overboard and call Getz a great 2-spot hitter when he's never had a ML at-bat. At the same time, if he can play good defense at 3B there is absolutely a position for him.

Do you really want a Nick Punto/Brett Buscher/Brendan Harris equivalent playing 3B for the White Sox? Well, I guess you don't have to get 20-25 homers at this position if we can get some power from Ramirez at SS and at 2B, but who can play 2B then? Uribe? Hudson? Beckham? Shelby?

I think Getz is more of a utility-player who can start on lower tier teams at the MLB level.

Bunting prior to the 7th inning in the AL is just ignorant, in my humble opinion.

Agreed completely. Quti throwing away outs. IF Dye and Quentin are so equal, what's wrong with having both getting a shot to drive in runs? 2>1

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:46 PM)
No, we took the bat out of the hands of our best player by bunting. You wouldn't see the Cardinals doing that in front of Pujols.

They didn't hit him on purpose. They wanted to pitch to him, there is just as much danger batting behind him. In real baseball, you just rarely put somebody on voluntarily, particularly down two runs.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
I've never seen a guy go from looking so s***ty in an at bat or the first pitches of an at bat and then end up with a single than Alexei.

(In a Hawk voice): Alexei is the best pure baseball player we have. No body makes in-bat adjustments like him on our team.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)
It should be just simple baseball philosophy, but there are a lot of stupid people in baseball.

I understand it in the NL if you have one of their dominating pitchers on the mound, and there's a realistic chance at a 1-0 or 2-1 game.