Sawx @ Sox 8-11

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
Russell's stuff is nothing special. 94 mph fastball, extremely flat slider. I'm not blaming Ozzie for this....KW's inability to find another righty reliever is killing us.

Okay...I am just saying, compared to Wasserman or Carrasco or someone of their ilk, he has a much better raw arsenal...it's just not polished, and he is definitely a work in progress.

However, I wouldn't put him in the Jon Adkins category just yet, either.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 03:40 AM)
Throw to the left side of the plate. That's the only strike this god awful ump is calling.

Maybe Matt Thornton can learn an offspeed pitch one of these years. He has a great fastball...but it's about time he developed another pitch.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 03:39 AM)
We seem to be settling for playing .500 for the most part. That will not get us into the playoffs.

That's just it. Home run or nothing and if that doesn't happen then we just shuffle around out there. Some players need to be stepping it up a notch if we have a chance to win this thing

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 03:40 AM)
Okay...I am just saying, compared to Wasserman or Carrasco or someone of their ilk, he has a much better raw arsenal...it's just not polished, and he is definitely a work in progress.

Russell seems like he could learn a splitter with his motion.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)

You're right, Lance Broadway has the Jon Adkins category all locked up.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 02:43 AM)
if we can just keep pace with the twins, who have also not played all that great..., once they start playing Oakland, LAA, and Tampa on the road.. i like our chances

We have some very tough road games left as well (at Boston, NYY, Minnesota)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
Twins are in great position to win 7 or 8 of their next 9 games.

You never know what can happen in a pennant race. Nobody expected Minnesota to give up two 2-run leads to KC and blow two games to the Mariners in a row. Anything can happen...and often does...when you underestimate other MLB teams. The Twins are still a quite young and maturing team.

Do they face Duchsherer in that series or not?

After 8 more at home, the Twins have 14 on the road...and at least they can knock the Yankees off our tails in the WC race, if it comes down to that. Then it will be a five team race for four spots.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
i'm blaming josh beckett for being real good.

No kidding.

Very nice effort by Danks tonight. Too bad he'll get a big, fat "L" in return.

Edited by WCSox