Wow this is BS

CWSOX45

Relax, its just an all star game.  Scioscia is the best manager in baseball. 

He also wasn't a homer who just picked his own players.  See how he took McDougal over Percival.

Also lets look at Giambi's numbers.

.268 AVG, 23 HR, 65 RBI, and a .419 OBP.  He has a .951 OPS

The key is the 48 RBI's Frank has compared with Giambi's 65.

Frank's OPS is .986. And I'm guessing Frank would have more than 48 RBI if he had Soriano and Jeter hitting 1-2 in front of him, rather than Jimenez and (mostly) Valentin.

Add in the facts that Frank is the greatest player in franchise history, and finished second in the FAN voting. Well, this just stinks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He also wasn't a homer who just picked his own players.  See how he took McDougal over Percival.

Frank's OPS is .986. And I'm guessing Frank would have more than 48 RBI if he had Soriano and Jeter hitting 1-2 in front of him, rather than Jimenez and (mostly) Valentin.

Add in the facts that Frank is the greatest player in franchise history, and finished second in the FAN voting. Well, this just stinks.

Frank's RBI's couldn't have anything to do with the fact that he is hitting .259 with RISP? And that has come up about 30 points in the last month when he got hot. I would bet if he were hitting his season average with RISP he would be on the All-Star team.

Jeter missed a month so he didn't help Giambi's RBI numbers that much...

WHAT! THIS IS A DISGRACE! WE ALL VOTED OUR ASSES OFF AND GOT FRANK 2ND AND KNOW MOTHERf***ING SCOSCIA PICKS GIAMBI! THIS IS TOTAL MOTHERf***ING BULLs***! AND THE MLB SUCKS FOR NOT SHOWING THE REST OF THE #'S! f*** THE MLB, f*** MIKE SCOCIA, f*** BUD SELIG, f*** JASON VARITASS, f*** JASON GIAMPEE, f*** THE RED SOX VOTERS, NOW BEAT THE LIVING s*** OUT OF THE WORTHLESS PIECE OF s***BALLS TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Chill people....... Frank had more than enough chances to make the team. 33 players made it before him. The Sox own player Carl Everett is the one guy Frank should have beaten out. Don't blame Scioscia, don't blame MLB. Blame all the players who didn't vote for Frank. Or blame the fans who didn't vote him in over Edgar in the first place.

Scioscias a piece of crap just like Torre. Frank is better than Giambi and he always has been. If you dont agree, youre a knowledgeless dick who should rot in hell...

LMAO!!!

Frank should be in, though. I think it's a travesty that he's not. Nobody here wants to see Giambi anyway (will he get booed?)... :puke

LMAO!!!

Frank should be in, though.  I think it's a travesty that he's not.  Nobody here wants to see Giambi anyway (will he get booed?)...  :puke

Will he get booed? What the hell kind of question is that?

The question is....how MUCH will he get booed? Not will he get booed.

Get it right next time! ;)

If Frank Thomas would have had a clear cut Frank Thomas of old type of year, he'd be there. Frank is a shell of the player he once was. He got hot for about 3 weeks this season. The rest of the time he has sucked as bad as the rest of our lineup.

If Frank Thomas would have had a clear cut Frank Thomas of old type of year, he'd be there.  Frank is a shell of the player he once was. He got hot for about 3 weeks this season. The rest of the time he has sucked as bad as the rest of our lineup.

Agreed Frank is nowhere near the player he once was. Now he's a good role player and when hot he can carry an offense, but nothing compared to the greatest hitter in MLB history (Young Frank).

This may change if Pujols keeps hitting the crap out of the ball.

Scioscias a piece of crap just like Torre. Frank is better than Giambi and he always has been. If you dont agree, youre a knowledgeless dick who should rot in hell...

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Everett is the only guy that Frank truly deserved to beat out.  You should boo him!

Rex... forgive me... but shut the hell up about Carl. His peers voted him in. Let it go.

As for Frank.. and the fan vote.. I'll ask AGAIN.. how many of you s***heads were voting BEFORE Frank was named as a fan vote..??

Rex... forgive me... but shut the hell up about Carl. His peers voted him in. Let it go.

As for Frank.. and the fan vote.. I'll ask AGAIN.. how many of you s***heads were voting BEFORE Frank was named as a fan vote..??

You're forgiven, Steff........ but the numbers back my argument. Everett should not have been chosen for the game over Frank. The players did vote him in and it makes me wonder why Frank can't even get 58 votes from the players? That is all he needed to beat Carl.

What does it say about Frank that his peers didn't vote him in?

I don't really care if Giambi's numbers are a little better. Frank does deserve to be there, he finished second in the 32nd man vote, and he is a hometown player. I think Scoscia should have enough respect for that to put him on the team. This is besides the fact that I hate the Yankees with a passion. Everett also deserves to be there. If you want to talk about someone who shouldn't really be there much less be starting that man is Hideki Matsui. The only reason he is starting is because of Japanese voters which I think is ridiculous.

I don't really care if Giambi's numbers are a little better.  Frank does deserve to be there, he finished second in the 32nd man vote, and he is a hometown player.  I think Scoscia should have enough respect for that to put him on the team.  This is besides the fact that I hate the Yankees with a passion.  Everett also deserves to be there.  If you want to talk about someone who shouldn't really be there much less be starting  that man is Hideki Matsui.  The only reason he is starting is because of Japanese voters which I think is ridiculous.

Matsui has pretty good numbers

And the fact that giambi's numbers are better, according to you, does make a huge difference

the 32nd man thing is good leverage for frank, but that's only fans voting and if you don't get in on that, you could say those results don't matter if you don't win