Fox News: Powell to Endorse Obama

Balta1701

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
If RSO picks Powell and he accepts, GAME.SET.MATCH, period. They might as well cancel the GOP convention, and I'm being serious.

Out of curiosity would you hate the possibility of Obama getting elected any less?

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
If RSO picks Powell and he accepts, GAME.SET.MATCH, period. They might as well cancel the GOP convention, and I'm being serious.

I agree, and I cannot think of a similar person for McCain.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 10:28 AM)
Out of curiosity would you hate the possibility of Obama getting elected any less?

Possibly, if Powell can convince him that there are conservative values that need to be held - but honestly, I don't see that happening. And that's one of the bigger reasons why Powell wouldn't accept. I don't think he wants a bloated government as big as RSO wants it to be.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
Possibly, if Powell can convince him that there are conservative values that need to be held - but honestly, I don't see that happening. And that's one of the bigger reasons why Powell wouldn't accept. I don't think he wants a bloated government as big as RSO wants it to be.

Maybe, who knows. It's really a damn shame that Powell feels like he can't run, even more of a shame that his concerns are probably valid. Powell would be an excellent leader and it is only bulls*** that prevents him from running. He has pretty much anything you'd want... and his national security credentials don't simply consist of "I've supported like 5 wars" which is what would scare off liberals, and they are strong and proven enough to satisfy conservatives. Plus he has the crossover appeal, I just don't see moveon.org and the like going into a panic over him.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 09:45 AM)
That would be a blockbuster pick, he'd probably surprise a lot of people. Powell would fill in a lot of the gaps of Obama's weaknesses, assuming he'd accept. Powell is one of the few associated with the Bush administration (along with maybe Condi, and Gates) that a majority of people think positively of.

And it would be unfortunate if people tried to imply it's purely along racial lines. Powell's race would be way, way down on the list of things Obama'd benefit from if he selected him. Plus, Powell got drafted by the white people in the racial draft anyway ;)

:P :headbang

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
:P :headbang

Ari Fleischer working for the Packers is another one. I will say though, anyone who would change their vote because of this probably isnt wanted from their party anyway.

McCain will win by a landslide

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
McCain will win by a landslide

How do you figure? He's be out raised and out spent. He is also looking inferior in many of the battleground state polls. There's more enthusiasm about women's archery in the Olympics than there is in the McCain campaign.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
You may be the only person I've heard say this. What's your theory as to why?

The only possible way that happens is a lot of people are lying to pollsters. That when faced with pulling the lever in the privacy of a voting booth, they will vote McCain. He isn't the hip, fashionable choice.