Royals vs Sox...Part Trois - Sweep Edition

The haters have gotta admit. Two runs in four innings isn't bad. Carrasco would have given up as many; Richard probably more. If Lance can go one more inning w/out a run, it was a succesful game for him I'd say. Let Carrasco take over in the sixth and see what he can do.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, for us who are stuck tracking the game on just our computers, can you fill us in on what exactly Broadway is featuring. What's the speed on his fastball, how are his secondary pitches, .......Any extra information would be nice!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
I'm saying a hit there is key and breaks open maybe a game against a s***ty team. If he wants a WS he needs to shorten his swing and poke a hit there. It was a big at bat and a big failure of an at bat. Dye came through; he f***ed up. It all adds up.

Dye has blown it many a time in those same situations. In fact, statistically speaking, virtually all players will a majority of the time. It happens.

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
Hey guys, for us who are stuck tracking the game on just our computers, can you fill us in on what exactly Broadway is featuring. What's the speed on his fastball, how are his secondary pitches, .......Any extra information would be nice!

Fastball has topped out at 91 I believe. Nice whatever-seamer that starts out inside to lefties and comes back to catch the inside corner is nasty. His change-up is average, and his breaking ball is a bit above average.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:20 PM)
The haters have gotta admit. Two runs in four innings isn't bad. Carrasco would have given up as many; Richard probably more. If Lance can go one more inning w/out a run, it was a succesful game for him I'd say. Let Carrasco take over in the sixth and see what he can do.

And 1 of those runs should've been unearned.

Dye has blown it many a time in those same situations. In fact, statistically speaking, virtually all players will a majority of the time. It happens.

Very true. s*** happens could be baseball's slogan. I said "not bagging on Thome" to preface my post because I like him but I was frustrated by that out. I felt it was a huge at bat against a team ready to be put away for the sweep.

you're due Thome.. do something

edit: jesus christ man.

this guy has a BAA of .298 and .299 against lefties and righties, hit the damn meatballs when he throws them for cryin out loud

Edited by joesaiditstrue

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)

That is all I was saying. To freak out over one bad AB is a bit stupid, and in the grand scheme of things, Thome not getting those runs in is not going to cost us a WS.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
Another big RBI situation for Jimmy just as you said he'd get more this season.

Dye could have blown the game open just as well. There are going to be games where Dye does nothing and Thome drops two bombs and the team wins.

Sometimes its your day, sometimes its not

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
Another big RBI situation for Jimmy just as you said he'd get more this season.

Admittedly though, Thome's been kinda quiet lately. He hasn't been getting on base much but he's still slugging like crazy.