Whatcha Takin'

Texsox

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 12:23 PM)
I bombed my AP Calculus test hardcore... I got a 1. lol I got a 2 on my English test but I was being lazy and didn't care.

I got a 4 despite not doing half the free response.

And I'm never ever touching the stuff again. I hit my math peak at age 17.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
I got a 4 despite not doing half the free response.

And I'm never ever touching the stuff again. I hit my math peak at age 17.

When I finally started college again I just took the lowest math class they would accept and got an A. I could've taken college algebra or whatever and still gotten an A, but why?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 01:45 PM)
When I finally started college again I just took the lowest math class they would accept and got an A. I could've taken college algebra or whatever and still gotten an A, but why?

Because you may find yourself at a different University that requires college algebra, and I have anecdotal evidence that alcohol kills algebra cells first. I took the lwest level math class that my first college accepted, went to four classes, and aced the mid term and final, laughing all the way. I had scored a 30 on the math portion of the ACT so this math for liberal arts majors was a piece of cake.

But years later I was back in an algebra class because my next University didn't transfer the credit to fulfill the Core Requirement.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 05:04 PM)
First semester in college:

Intro Sociology

English Composition

Intro to Higher - -?

Learning Strategy

Excited and then again kind of nervous. :drink

Take the first two weeks to meet as many people as you can and have as many experiences but then start figuring out the best way to achieve your goals academically. The first tests are going to teach you how you best study. I never had to study in high school and found out in college that flash cards are my savior.

For the next four years, don't let things come to you. Push yourself out as much as possible.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:56 PM)
Done with classes! Woo! Just research, research, research for me.

And I'm TAing for the graduate statistics class. Score.

:cheers congrats.

I know where to go to for help in my undergrad stats class ;) :lol:

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
How did an aviation program get started?

Lewis was founded in 1932 and was a technical school just for guys. It's a Catholic/Lasallian school. In 1940, the name of the school changed to the Lewis School of Aeronautics.

Aviation was considered a new technology at the time. In 1942, school was closed and became a fight training facility for the U.S. Navy during WWII.