Memories of getting your ass kicked

shipps

Today I was just thinking back to 7th grade when I got my face punched in.It was during a basketball game for my school,we were playing St.Gabriel and I was standing at the free throw line.This meathead goone said I was chewing my gum like a horse and I said it was from his mothers mouth.It didnt go over so well with him so as we are running back to the other end of the court he punches me on the right side of my face.It was totally a cheap shot but by judging how hard the punch was and the damage it did it wouldnt have made any difference if we were looking at each other face to face.I turned back around and he was gone with both team benches laughing hysterically at what happened.My right eye and cheek swelled up to were it looked like I was growing another head.I stayed in the game and had to swallow my pride the rest of the way.I still hold some hatred towards the douche,I gotta say.But if I seen him I would probably run because my cheek bone still hurts to this day if I press on it.I hope you guys have some funny stories.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popeye's in Lake Geneva. A friend of mine who is really tall, bent waaaay over to read this girl's t-shirt. It said "It's not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean". He was pretty drunk, so it took him a long time to read it. One might assume he was also staring at her chest. He looked up at her, looked at her boyfriend, and said "small dick huh?"

That's when he started getting his ass kicked. Of course we had to help him, and his buddies had to help him. I grabbed one guy and basically thought we'd pretend to be fighting, only he took this s*** for real and started throwing punches. I barely held him off when the bouncers came to royally kick our ass.

So the cops released us first because we were on the losing end and would probably be smart and follow their orders to leave town. Nope, we found a hidden away bar, down the end of an alley, and drank some more. As we were leaving, and turning a corner, we bumped into our buddies. Why the hell can't they listen to the cops and leave? This time I avoided that guy and started punching a different guy. He kicked my ass also.

Interestingly enough we had the same court date. This time we decided to avoid those guys. I swear the judge held back a laugh when I told him why the fight got started.

I have only ever been in one actual "fight" not counting all the times I used to fight with my brother, and that one I won. But once when I was in 9th grade I believe I got into an argument with this fat f***, over what I don't remember, but he pushed me to the ground, plopped on top of me, and proceeded to punch me in my eye about 4 times before I could get my hand up to block and retaliate because my arm was pinned down under the weight of his bulbous ass. The other kids there separated us, but best friend got into it with him a little while later and ended up kicking his ass b/c everybody got tired of the fat kid. I didn't really get my ass kicked, I just wasn't given the opportunity to really fight back.

Another time that doesn't quite qualify as getting my ass kicked was Halloween of 2003. I was DDing on the way to a party for my drunk ass roommate, his girlfriend, a random slutty girl whose pants I had gotten in after meeting at a club a couple weeks before but whose name I can't recall at the moment (it starts with an M), and a friend (who also got in the slutty girl's pants some days later). My roommate was in the passenger's seat and we were joking around and whatnot, and suddenly out of nowhere he grabs my right thumb and twists it back really hard. Mind you, I'm driving, and starting to lose control of my car trying to wriggle out of his grip. So I reach up and slap him across the face with my left hand pretty hard out of instinct and he lets go. He sits there for a few seconds then punches me in my right temple. I look over and go WTF and he punches me again in my left eye - gave me a black eye that I have a picture of somewhere - and puts me in a headlock. My other friend in the backseat grabbed the steering wheel to avoid the tree I was about to run into but couldn't see, and pulled my roommate off me at the same time. I had to slam on my brakes hard and throw it into park, I only missed the tree by a few feet. Fun times. Gotta love out of control drunks. Later that night after I had gone to my then-main squeeze's house to get some sympathy ass, he had gotten so drunk that he started tonguing down some girl in front of his girlfriend and she punched him in his head about 10 times and he had a splitting headache for about 2 days. He later admitted that was his karma catching up to him, lol.

I hinted at the fact that I was going to press charges and he apologized profusely when he sobered up and saw him later, we're actually still friends. Just one of those nights.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
Popeye's in Lake Geneva. A friend of mine who is really tall, bent waaaay over to read this girl's t-shirt. It said "It's not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean". He was pretty drunk, so it took him a long time to read it. One might assume he was also staring at her chest. He looked up at her, looked at her boyfriend, and said "small dick huh?"

That's when he started getting his ass kicked. Of course we had to help him, and his buddies had to help him. I grabbed one guy and basically thought we'd pretend to be fighting, only he took this s*** for real and started throwing punches. I barely held him off when the bouncers came to royally kick our ass.

So the cops released us first because we were on the losing end and would probably be smart and follow their orders to leave town. Nope, we found a hidden away bar, down the end of an alley, and drank some more. As we were leaving, and turning a corner, we bumped into our buddies. Why the hell can't they listen to the cops and leave? This time I avoided that guy and started punching a different guy. He kicked my ass also.

Interestingly enough we had the same court date. This time we decided to avoid those guys. I swear the judge held back a laugh when I told him why the fight got started.

lol. In adulthood I've always managed to avoid bar fights even when drunk. This guy once was trying to provoke me into a fight - coincidentally, over the slutty girl I was talking in my post above. I wasn't biting.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
Today I was just thinking back to 7th grade when I got my face punched in.It was during a basketball game for my school,we were playing St.Gabriel and I was standing at the free throw line.This meathead goone said I was chewing my gum like a horse and I said it was from his mothers mouth.It didnt go over so well with him so as we are running back to the other end of the court he punches me on the right side of my face.It was totally a cheap shot but by judging how hard the punch was and the damage it did it wouldnt have made any difference if we were looking at each other face to face.I turned back around and he was gone with both team benches laughing hysterically at what happened.My right eye and cheek swelled up to were it looked like I was growing another head.I stayed in the game and had to swallow my pride the rest of the way.I still hold some hatred towards the douche,I gotta say.But if I seen him I would probably run because my cheek bone still hurts to this day if I press on it.I hope you guys have some funny stories.

Ha, I went there. When was this?

High school, a friend and i went to see some movie and tried to sneak in beer he got. Dumbass got Molsen, but no bottle opener. So after we got done with the movie we chugged them and went to Shakey's. it was a friday night, so you canimagine the place full of fellow high schoolers. Only not ours. To date myself, i was wearing my brand new, white Members Only jacket, when a huge blob of ketsup landed on the table right next to me, splattering all over my once white coat. i stand up, turn and see 3 guys wearing Bishop Knoll letterman jackets laughing, one stands up and says "well, what! You f**" So I clocked him, hard, knocked him onto a table like a scene in Roadhouse. I then said to him something like "That, you Bishop Knoll f**". Well, wouldn't you know it, the whole place was filled with people from Bishop Knoll. Then all hell broke loose, my friend asking me if this was my way of getting even with him for forgetting a bottle opener. He was a pretty good sized guy and ended up taking out 5 or 6 before the cops got there. I managed to knock down one more before I started getting beat to hell. Got a broken nose and a few fingers than night, along with a night in the pokey. Dad was pissed.

We're playing a "friendly" game of tackle football, and I start to score at will. At the time, I was an absolute machine but was always too skinny to play organized football.

I got into the endzone, and did the Deion Dance after a TD that I ripped away from him, and he didn't like it.

Next time we had the ball, I got it on a slant, ran, and he ran me down, tackled me, threw me down stomach first, and put his knee right in the lower back area right on my spine. So I was like OK whatever, maybe an accident.

I then intercept one of his passes, take it to the barn, and do a jig. He comes up behind me, and pushes me into a tree, face first. I get up, put his sorry a** into a headlock, and punch him twice in the nose. He gets out of it, hits me twice, only for them to not hurt so I get back and knock him senseless in the eye twice, and he fell down.

At the time, he had nothing wrong with him. My lip was cut a bit, so one of his friends came and so he tried to act all hard- "I beat his a**" and so on.

After the game, he was walking away, and you could literally see his nose break and blood spew out. I then asked him "Who's the b**** now" and I socked him again in the nose (just kidding).

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 10:58 AM)

I'm glad you got over it, because it's a sad story. Why exactly were your own team mates laughing at you getting punched in the face??

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 12:40 AM)
I'm glad you got over it, because it's a sad story. Why exactly were your own team mates laughing at you getting punched in the face??

Yeah I wanted to know the same thing, that was sad.

Too bad JimH isn't around to entertain us with stories of when he has had his ass whooped.

I've actually posted several months ago on Soxtalk, in an unrelated thread in another forum, the only occasion I've had my ass kicked -- it was by a random girl. Just as a quick synopsis, I walked into a random high school party with several friends one evening, and upon entering there was a girl sobbing in the corner. When I approached her and asked if everything was alright she snapped and began punching and kicking me. Gave me a nice bruise above my eye.

Aside from this incident, which could have been different if I fought back, I've never been in a fight.

I tried to wake a friend up that was passed out on the floor who had passed out pretty hard. I jabbed him a while and in the end, jarred him enough to actually get him to move. He came at me and said "did you punch me in the face" without finishing the thought, punched me in nose, and then passed back out, 2 feet from his original spot.

That's honestly the closest thing I've ever been to a fight in my life. I avoid fights like the plague and want nothing to do with them...being 5'10 140 probably helps with that.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)

I think it was because I was always talking s*** and could kick any of their asses.I pretty much got what was coming to me,my teammates were mostly laughing because how it swelled up my face like instantly.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 07:07 AM)
I think it was because I was always talking s*** and could kick any of their asses.I pretty much got what was coming to me,my teammates were mostly laughing because how it swelled up my face like instantly.

6th grade we had a guy on our basketball team that rarely played. He got put in during the first half and gets in a fight with their best player. Both get tossed and we go on to win our first game of the season. A couple games later, same thing happens, he gets in a fight with their best player, they both get tossed, and we go on to win. Funny thing, he was not suspended or anything. He does this twice more and tells us it was his idea to help the team. We're looking at him like he has two heads, then start cracking up. That was about all he could do to help the team. We only had 8 guys try out, so everyone made the team.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 06:08 PM)

That story is hilarious, I was imagining it at a Popeye's chicken however, and when big bertha & co in the green/purple outfits beat your ass it got even better...

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)
That story is hilarious, I was imagining it at a Popeye's chicken however, and when big bertha & co in the green/purple outfits beat your ass it got even better...

Lol.Everytime I ask people if they ever ate at Popeyes in Lake Geneva they give me a look and say why the hell would I go that far to eat Popeyes.That place has great chicken though,I love how they just melt the chickens over one another on those spindles.

Jumped by no less than 7 townies at school with another guy, he got hit in the jaw with a cinder block fractured it in 4 places, I got a boot to the nose after being taken down, first time it was broken, but not the last. All in all my buddy got the worst of it, I'd like to think I held my own even though grossly out numbered.

I've never been in a fight either. I've gotten hurt dorking around with my friends and I once tackled a kid on the pavement in grade school because he stole my hat but that's about it.

The closest I guess I've come is one day when a group of us were playing football. I picked up the ball and tossed it at one of the guys and it smacked him in the face. The ball bounced right back at me and I did it again. I was honestly just trying to give him the ball. Smacking him in the face was totally unintentional but I thought it was funny and was laughing about it.

Apparently this upset him because he started chasing me around. I was still laughing as he chased me and the only reason he caught up with me is because I stopped.

Then he started jabbing punches at me and I was still laughing and blocking them. Finally one got through and popped me on the nose. He thought that was good enough and walked away saying that's what I deserved. I actually stopped and was in shock. It didn't hurt me at all but I finally realized he was seriously mad.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
So the cops released us first because we were on the losing end and would probably be smart and follow their orders to leave town. Nope, we found a hidden away bar, down the end of an alley, and drank some more. As we were leaving, and turning a corner, we bumped into our buddies.

I had a very similar experience.

During Summer School at U of I, a few friends and I were out at CO's for quarter beers. I ran into some friends from high school who I really hadn't seen since freshman year (I was going into my senior year). So we're talking, and it's one of their 21st birthdays, but the guy's had enough. I couldn't have been with them more than 15 minutes when my newly 21 year old friend leans to the side and pukes. Right at the bar.

Unfortunately, the splash gets a guy standing near us. And he's big - an Illini football player. So the football player and one of his friends start getting rough with the guy who puked. I stepped in to try to break it up. I'm apologizing and explaining that it's his birthday, etc. Trying to be a peacemaker. The bouncers see it differently. I get tossed, and so do the football players. No one else gets thrown out. They send the football players out the back door and tell me to wait a little while, then they send me out the front. A friend comes with me.

So we're walking home, and La Bamba is between CO's and our house. I decide to go get a burrito, and my friend says he'll see me at home. I walk into La Bamba and get in line, and I notice that the football players are at a table eating. I try to avoid them seeing me, order to go and walk out. As turn the corner, the two guys are outside waiting. One of the guys starts to talk to me, and I again say that I was just trying....BAM. The other guy nails me in the eye. Really hard, and I'm seeing stars. Total cheapshot. I didn't really have time to retaliate or anything before they walked away. That was the extent of the fight, but I had a terrible black eye.

The next day, I saw the guy who puked on the way to class, and he had no memory of seeing me at CO's, and he found it funny that his puking led to my black eye. I should have given him the cheapshot treatment right there on the Quad.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
High school, a friend and i went to see some movie and tried to sneak in beer he got. Dumbass got Molsen, but no bottle opener. So after we got done with the movie we chugged them and went to Shakey's. it was a friday night, so you canimagine the place full of fellow high schoolers. Only not ours. To date myself, i was wearing my brand new, white Members Only jacket, when a huge blob of ketsup landed on the table right next to me, splattering all over my once white coat. i stand up, turn and see 3 guys wearing Bishop Knoll letterman jackets laughing, one stands up and says "well, what! You f**" So I clocked him, hard, knocked him onto a table like a scene in Roadhouse. I then said to him something like "That, you Bishop Knoll f**". Well, wouldn't you know it, the whole place was filled with people from Bishop Knoll. Then all hell broke loose, my friend asking me if this was my way of getting even with him for forgetting a bottle opener. He was a pretty good sized guy and ended up taking out 5 or 6 before the cops got there. I managed to knock down one more before I started getting beat to hell. Got a broken nose and a few fingers than night, along with a night in the pokey. Dad was pissed.

Man, I loved Shakey's :headbang We could always get served there when I was 19 :cheers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Ha, no, but I bet I know the person who did it. Any chance you remember the name? Or a physical description.

I cant remember his name but if I heard it I would know it.He looked kinda slow in his face,he had big ears brownish reddish hair.This was almost fifteen years ago so its hard to remember but his name is at the tip of my toungue.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
I cant remember his name but if I heard it I would know it.He looked kinda slow in his face,he had big ears brownish reddish hair.This was almost fifteen years ago so its hard to remember but his name is at the tip of my toungue.

If the name comes to you, let me know. I'm pretty interested in figuring out who this is. Whoever it is seems to be a few years older than me, but I bet I know him, anyway.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 05:24 PM)
If the name comes to you, let me know. I'm pretty interested in figuring out who this is. Whoever it is seems to be a few years older than me, but I bet I know him, anyway.

I remember his buds and teamates names were Gagen,Popp,and Efrain.But I dont think I can remember his.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
I had a very similar experience.

During Summer School at U of I, a few friends and I were out at CO's for quarter beers. I ran into some friends from high school who I really hadn't seen since freshman year (I was going into my senior year). So we're talking, and it's one of their 21st birthdays, but the guy's had enough. I couldn't have been with them more than 15 minutes when my newly 21 year old friend leans to the side and pukes. Right at the bar.

Unfortunately, the splash gets a guy standing near us. And he's big - an Illini football player. So the football player and one of his friends start getting rough with the guy who puked. I stepped in to try to break it up. I'm apologizing and explaining that it's his birthday, etc. Trying to be a peacemaker. The bouncers see it differently. I get tossed, and so do the football players. No one else gets thrown out. They send the football players out the back door and tell me to wait a little while, then they send me out the front. A friend comes with me.

So we're walking home, and La Bamba is between CO's and our house. I decide to go get a burrito, and my friend says he'll see me at home. I walk into La Bamba and get in line, and I notice that the football players are at a table eating. I try to avoid them seeing me, order to go and walk out. As turn the corner, the two guys are outside waiting. One of the guys starts to talk to me, and I again say that I was just trying....BAM. The other guy nails me in the eye. Really hard, and I'm seeing stars. Total cheapshot. I didn't really have time to retaliate or anything before they walked away. That was the extent of the fight, but I had a terrible black eye.

The next day, I saw the guy who puked on the way to class, and he had no memory of seeing me at CO's, and he found it funny that his puking led to my black eye. I should have given him the cheapshot treatment right there on the Quad.

Anyone who goes to CO's deserves two black eyes.